All right guys could use some help here.

Last year I sold my motocross bike and decided I was going to convert my 2015 500 EXC into a more moto friendly setup. As I was doing so I started removing items I felt "unnecessary" (headlights, tail light, turn signals, etc) and put that stuff aside for when I wanted to put it back in street legal trim. Shortly after I had to move and put the bike in storage for a few months until I found a new place with a garage. So that brings us to now, I just pulled the bike out and decided to put all the dual sport stuff back on and make it street legal but can not get the turn signals to work. 

So here's the situation,

Head light and tail/break light work, horn also works and everything is plugged in correctly but I suspect I might have gotten a bit trigger happy when removing the "unnecessary" components as I have found what appears to be a ground wire at the bottom of the bin I stored the removed parts in. I can't remember where this came from or why I cut the wire (see picture below) but I suspect this is the reason my turn signals aren't working. To add to my confusion, tucked behind the headlight I found a random female end of a bullet connector with nothing plugged into it and I'm not sure what would have gone there and if I removed that or it's just an extra accessory wire. The piece of wire I found that I cut has a female end on it doesn't plug in there :/

I also purchased the ktm service manual but the wiring diagram is so complicated I can't tell what is what. 

So if you own a 13- 15 500 exc or have knowledge in this area here's what I need to know...

1.What is the female bullet connector behind the headlight supposed to be used for?

2.Is the clipped black wire I found in my box the culprit for my faulty turn signals ?

3.If so, where does that wire go on the bike?

pics below

If you have any info that can help me figure this out please share and thanks for reading this, cheers!IMG_3528.thumb.JPG.92bf27f552a5d2b444ee74295083b653.JPGIMG_3526.thumb.JPG.d9f52a2a7f7af816e83157a9680cd9e5.JPGIMG_1299.JPG.baf22bb00b40a0c71a69564d1504be0e.JPG

Random wire #2 is on the stock exc, atleast prior t0 2017,  it comes unused it has 12volts on it, but very low amperage, meaning it wont run anything.  It maybe for a map switch, ive never figured out, and asked before myself.

But its not required or used for exc turn signals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud786 said:

Random wire #2 is on the stock exc, atleast prior t0 2017,  it comes unused it has 12volts on it, but very low amperage, meaning it wont run anything.  It maybe for a map switch, ive never figured out, and asked before myself.

But its not required or used for exc turn signals.

Thanks Spud786! Glad I can now rule that out 

• Like 1