WR transmission gears.

I'm looking for an answer on wr gear compatibility. I'm looking for a 2nd gear wheel gear for a 2002 wr426 P/N: 5BF-17221-00-00 which is on backorder from yamaha for months (possibly discontinued). Does anyone know what the difference is between this part and the 2nd gear wheel gear from a 2003 wr450 P/N: 5TJ-17221-00-00? Will the 03 450 gear work? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900P using ThumperTalk mobile app

Generally backordered from Yamaha means an extra week or two before it ships.  I can't comment if in fact they'll work or not switching between the 426 and 450 even though the part numbers are very close.

I had the same problem.

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1237954-wr426450-transmission-compatability/

I called dealers in the US, UK, and Australia, and no one could get it - I was told it'd be in towards the end of October.

Another user found one in germany on ebay that I snapped up. Depending on how urgent you need it, I'd either look at trying to find a tranny from a wrecker, or just waiting till the part is back in Stock.

Sent from my SM-G920I using ThumperTalk mobile app