I need a CDI for a CR500

Im not able to run my CR500, dont have a working CDI, tried a new HPI made unit but its junk, the spark goes weak after running. Not seen any on ebay either...

Any one in the UK have a Honda unit for sale?

I've read other cr's fit, like off 125's & 250's ? but which years?   thanks....

You can still get a new OEM unit from Honda depending on the year model. CDI for a 2001 is part number 30410-ML3-791 and would probably fit 93-01. $205 US from Western Honda Powersports in Scottsdale, AZ. You could possibly get a similar price for one from a UK online dealer. Are you sure your CDI is bad? Bad grounding issues can cause no spark - had this problem with my '87 once.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responce, I have three units but their all made by a company called HPI in europe. If you google HPI they are not known to be much good.

Ive swopped out stators & coils ht lead etc, it must be the CDI, Ive a 96 CR250 Honda made CDI coming, hopefully that will work out ok. Id like a new Honda item, but I know that the price will be a lot more than you pay over in the states.I just carn't justify spending $350/450 on a CDI.

The connections are all good/new, its just has to be  the CDI. Ive 3 stators 85, 95 & a after market item.

PS, Its runs fine untill warm, then its impossible to start, the spark is not visable.

Edited by pxr5

have you tryed swapping out the coil? coils are so cheap compared to a cdi and can cause same symptoms, 

Received the CR250 CDI today from a trader on e bay, guess what? its totaly dead! I rekon Im jinxed with this bike...

The seller has accepted the return, but the bike is still sat in the garage  unusable..... ;-(

Edited by pxr5

thanks for the input.... fitteda cr250 Honda CDI, all good! genuine Honda is the way to go!