Exhaust build up

Have a look at this pic, I am swapping out my stock header and noticed a lot of build up inside exhaust around the O2 sensory, normal?

I am running an EJK at pretty conservative setting 2.0-3.0-3.5 for the first 3 settings. IMG_1820.jpg

• Like 1

IIRC that is about what mine looked like too. Remember to replace the copper crush washer when you put the new header on.

Ughhh I didn't do that I just added high temp silicone and torqued to 18 ft lbs

• Like 1

Ooh, powerbomb worth the money pulls much harder now

• Like 2

Ooh, powerbomb worth the money pulls much harder now

Agreed. I was a pretty solid naysayer about an exhaust making all that much of a difference.... But I can say that I was very wrong. Low end is better and I think one of the places I noticed the most gains was top end. I can cruise at 75mph no problem, with more to go! 86 was is my max now, and that was not because it ran out of go... I just let out if the throttle. Before the exhaust, 70/75 was definitely all she would give.... On the flat, Hills just killed it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 2

I was lucky In a way to add components one at a time so I got to feel what made a difference, it pulls great now with everything on it . The slip on did nothing but save weight and sound bad ass, the ejk and opening up airbox and front header made a difference in power though.

• Like 1

Thanks for further justifying me going ahead and buying a full yoshimura exhaust in the next week or so lol. I've been researching and debating on whether or not the price is worth it to me and seeing the praise here solidified my decision for sure. 

I'd do the CBR300R engine swap before bothering with the full exhaust. It'll be about the same price and you get more bang for the buck.

• Like 3

At that point I should have just bought a bigger bike to start with. Time is money to me personally and spending the time to research how to do the swap then buy a motor and install it, all while my bike I use for work is sitting on a stand doesn't seem worth the effort or better performance vs just a Exhaust. Just bought the crf in April and don't feel the need to strip out the perfectly reliable motor in it. lol and then after i put that motor in ill likely still want a better sounding exhaust.

Edited by Rj2536
  • Like 1