A little something about 2017 450 sx-f for trail riding.

So I'm on my way home right now from 5-hour singletrack ride with a little bit of wide-open logging roads and a bunch of water bars. First time I took this bike out I put it down twice took a little getting used to this time was able to ride singletrack so comfortably I would say better than my YZ250 by a long shot. Even on the stock 13 and 48 gearing I was still able to rip super tight Trails hill climbs mud you name it. I have a 50 tooth renthal that will be here tomorrow and now I'm not even sure if I want to put it on but I'm going to try it maybe we'll be even a little better who knows but for those of you who Wonder if the 450 sx-f motocross bike is good for off-road the answer is hell yeah the air Forks are awesome I'm running 10 bar and one click clockwise from the comfort setting on all Clickers suspension soaks up everything and I'm still able to jump and get quite a bit of air. I hope this answers any questions about this subject. Also I'm at 12 hours now and still haven't checked the valves it starts super easy should I wait for a symptom of the valves needing check or should I check them before 20 hours. Thank you.

• Like 2

Also map 1 in my opinion is all around better for power through out the entire range. I cannot believe how well this 2017 450 sx f handles off road on some extreme terrain in many parts and never came close to overheating with lots of 1st gear slow stuff. I love this bike I will never ever own anything unless it's ktm ever again. 

• Like 2

Is the power smooth or herky-jerky at very small throttle openings in tech stuff? I have only ridden asian fi bikes and they are very hard to modulate. Usable for a good SR C rider? I have been a Honda guy but I find them too much too soon, very tiring in tight woods. Thanks.

The power is super chill and comes on easy st low throttle. I ride fast throughour single track but I mean 1st or 2nd gear fast and on my rmz450 there was no way you could actually be riding the trail under load you were always coasting holding the clutch letting it out ever do often to keep speed. And my 450sx was up against a 150xc and 300xcw and I was either ahead of them or right on them. I'm at 11.2 hrs now and I'm not sure if I should check my valves or what. Some peopl3 say after first 20hrs some say sooner

• Like 1

I just checked my valves my intake clearance is .15 and exhaust clearance is .15. How tight should the feeler gauge be? Also all 4 valves had the same amount of drag meaning the same clearance. So now when should I che ck em