09 yz250 linkage vs 09 yz250f linkage

does anyone happen to know how compatable the arm relay (the triangle portion) of the linkage is between the two bikes? parts fish just shows a slightly different number between to the two. i seem to have lost mine in the move from florida to AZ and i dont want to have to spend a ridiclous amount on one . i still have the "connecting rod" portion

09 yz250:  1C3-2217A-00-00

09 yz250f: 17D-2217A-00-00

i couldnt imagine that it would affect handling that much?

1C3-2217A-00-00 also matches for a 2005+ YZ125

The prefix 1C3 usually denotes a late model YZ125 part.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mlatour said:

1C3-2217A-00-00 also matches for a 2005+ YZ125

The prefix 1C3 usually denotes a late model YZ125 part.

so i f the part numbers contain the middle numbers (2217A) they are an exact fit ?

i always get confused when cross referencing

25 minutes ago, LEMMON1 said:

Im just curious if the 4 stroke has a different rate than the 2 stroke since there is a different part number for the same years?

Yes, it had a different swingarm too... 

2 minutes ago, Monk said:

Yes, it had a different swingarm too... 

but replacing just the triangle portion going to make a significant difference?

22 minutes ago, LEMMON1 said:

but replacing just the triangle portion going to make a significant difference?

If it's a different part, yes... Different rising rate which could make your suspension act horrible... Midstroke harshness, too soft, too stiff etc etc...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

so i f the part numbers contain the middle numbers (2217A) they are an exact fit ?

i always get confused when cross referencing

Yes, according to that thread anyway. I have always gone by this and it has worked so far.

8 hours ago, LEMMON1 said:

Im just curious if the 4 stroke has a different rate than the 2 stroke since there is a different part number for the same years?

The first 3 digits of the part number only denotes what model bike it was made for. The middle 5 digits denote what part it is. They are both 2217A... so they are the same part. The last two 2 digits -00-00 are revision number and finish which do not make a difference for interchangeability most of the time.

This is only my knowledge from reading that old thread and trying a few parts from other bikes. As far as I'm aware it is correct.

5 hours ago, EEE299 said:

The first 3 digits of the part number only denotes what model bike it was made for. The middle 5 digits denote what part it is. They are both 2217A... so they are the same part. The last two 2 digits -00-00 are revision number and finish which do not make a difference for interchangeability most of the time.

This is only my knowledge from reading that old thread and trying a few parts from other bikes. As far as I'm aware it is correct.

well if thats the case its worth a shot since i can get the 4 stroke version alot cheaper

• Like 1