82 XR250R questions

Hey guys, picked up an 82 xr250r that I'm trying to get running to either sell to a buddy or make a couple bucks on. I'd love to keep it but can't really justify it. 

Anyways, had a couple questions. Does anybody have the valve specs for this year? 

Also does anybody know the procedure for adjusting the decompression cable? Or can I just disconnect it? Somebody backed backed off the adjustment all the way, not sure why. 

I attached a pic of the bike, it's not in great shape but not terrible for having obviously sat for years and years. Surprisingly the shock and forks don't leak, it rolls freely and there's only a handful of missing parts. I also attached a pic of a mostly cleaned up side panel. The plastics might have some hope! 

20170821_122709.jpg

20170822_003502.jpg

Don't mess with the valves yet.  Does it get a spark? Yes--- clean the carb and let us know if it starts.

Edited by TX-SANDMAN
Sp

It has spark, compression test is only showing 60 psi but I'm assuming/hoping it's the decompression mechanism at work. Carb is sitting in cleaner at the moment and I'm waiting on an intake boot because the one on the bike was disintegrated. I'd still like to know how to adjust the decompression cable since it was like this when I picked up the bike 

20170823_105746.jpg

The beast runs! Have a new question, does anybody know how the kill switch is wired on this bike? The wiring has been tampered with at the bars