Frame. pant, powder coat, or alloy finish?

I have been thinking about getting the frame blasted and leaving it like that as I really like the alloy look

Has anyone done that?  It is it best to paint or power coat? 

Yeah powder coat for sure. I blasted and painted my frame and ended up ditching it for another original white one... If I could have done it again I would have had the frame powder coated and not painted. I had a professional auto paint shop do the painting and it was really nice, but it chipped much more easily than any powder coat I've ever seen. I was worried that if I ever wanted to strip it off or paint it again that powder coat would be extremely difficult to remove, however I have since learned that most legitimate powder coating companies offer a burning service and just superheat the metal to just burn off the powder coat. I guess that wouldn't be ideal with aluminum but it would be fine for any steel. Anyways thats just my experience with having one of these frames blasted and painted. I would get the powder coat and get it from a reputable company and expect to pay a bit more. It will be worth it though!

• Like 1