Knock at the top of the stroke??

So I picked up a used 2017 CRF450 last weekend and rode it yesterday for the first time. It has factory connection suspension done on it and works phenomenally. However, I noticed going through roller whoops that when I pull up hard, as the wheel is coming off of the whoop, there is a light knocking feeling. Like not enough to actually hear it, but you feel it in your hands. Just a light knock like there's a gap somewhere in the front end in something. Any ideas what it could be? I liken it to the feeling of when you're riding a really cheap mountain bike and you pull up theres a clunk as the wheel stays on the ground for a second while the suspension completely extends and tops out (this would be a very exaggerated example as the feeling in my crf forks is much much lighter, but it feels slightly similar and happens under the same type of circumstances).

Sounds like badly bleed inner chambers or maybe steering bearings ?

winning by 4:1 lol

I have seen & rode A buddy's 17crf 450  revalved by FC .The forks topped out in quick successive  hits such as whoops.As you described.  I disassembled them to verify some thing hadn't come loose I did not find anything.

It annoyed him & was sent back to FC & returned only slightly better, They did not find any thing wrong. This was early He just ended up selling it.

I had a 15 rmz w TAC fork do the same thing.  FC revalved   only in whoops & light front end situations that would have a High speed shallow fork impact. 2"- 3"

I offer no solution Other than what mog suggested . However I'm curious if Showa speced a bit too soft of A top out spring .

I have seen stiff mid valves  cause cavitation  on quick hits in whoops . This hinders  rebound refill & will top out as you mention.

If all else fails call FC .  

2 hours ago, mxracer515 said:

I have seen & rode A buddy's 17crf 450  revalved by FC .The forks topped out in quick successive  hits such as whoops.As you described.  I disassembled them to verify some thing hadn't come loose I did not find anything.

It annoyed him & was sent back to FC & returned only slightly better, They did not find any thing wrong. This was early He just ended up selling it.

I see you're from Missouri, which is where I bought the bike... Mind me asking who your buddy is? 

Maybe: too much spring preload, or play in the bushes, or a reb stack with very soft low speed damping, or unusually thin oil. Or maybe something is asymmetric in the forks so one top-out spring is doing all the work.

Otherwise as already mentioned: Head bearings loose. Too much air (and/or not enough oil vol/pressure) inside the damper. Stiff mid comp causing cavitation then no reb damping.