Another engine noise thread

I know these are hard to diagnose via video, but I've got a rattle on engine deceleration that I can't determine if it's internal or external. Listen as the engine winds down, there's a light rattle in the middle of the deceleration. I've tightened up the pipe, and everything I could find because it sounds external to me, but I'd like a few other opinions. Is this internal, or something on the bike rattling?

Is the expansion chamber on your exhaust pipe dented? Check the welds on the plate that covers it. Also check the kick starter isn't rattling on anything. It does sound external, id start by process of elimination - pop some heat proof gloves on and apply pressure to non moving components as the engines winding down

Sent from my SM-G928F using ThumperTalk mobile app

Ps...something is dripping from your bike at 08:00 seconds when you rev it, watch just underneath the expansion chamber. Potentially a drip from the bottom rad hose, or a fuel pipe. If the latter - check that asap, don't want fuel anywhere near that exhaust. Unless you just washed it - in that case ignore me!

1 hour ago, Johnny450 said:

Is the expansion chamber on your exhaust pipe dented? Check the welds on the plate that covers it. Also check the kick starter isn't rattling on anything. It does sound external, id start by process of elimination - pop some heat proof gloves on and apply pressure to non moving components as the engines winding down

I'll check that out in a bit. It's time to get the kids from school. 

1 hour ago, Johnny450 said:

Ps...something is dripping from your bike at 08:00 seconds when you rev it, watch just underneath the expansion chamber. Potentially a drip from the bottom rad hose, or a fuel pipe. If the latter - check that asap, don't want fuel anywhere near that exhaust. Unless you just washed it - in that case ignore me!

I just rode through the backyard, which is standing in water, at the moment. Lol

Man I can't figure it out. It really sounds like the pipe rattling but I've checked the springs, and put pressure all over the pipe and can't get it to change. It's loud and annoying. 

Edited by 69fastback

You can tell it's at certain RPMs/frequenceys. I'm holding it slightly off idle and it starts, and then it does it at the higher RPMs too. 

I would nip the exhaust off and shake it, potentially a pice of metal or a washer could be sitting at the bottom of the expansion chamber with no where to go. Maybe a rivet from the tailpipe. At the same time inspect the exhaust for cracks. Or someone is &%$#@!ing with you and has dropped something down the pipe!

Sorry it took so long for me to revisit this, but I've been gone working and hasn't messed with it. I went for a ride today and was quickly reminded. I reached my boot down and pushed on the pipe and it stopped. So, I guess it's time for some o rings and springs.