New 2018 YZ450FX header/exaust

Just pulled the trigger on a new 450FX. First new bike since my 2005 CRF 450. Had a couple 426 before that. Haven't been in here in a good while. Been racing other forms of offroad on 4 wheels.

48 year old A rider.  Norcal D36 stuff. 

First question is I need to put the FMF Q on it for sound. Is it worth putting the Ti header on it too? I need to order asap so I can ride it!

Bike coming in Saturday! Pretty excited!!! 

Thanks!

Went with the Ti all the way. Figured it would offset the weight of the Rekluse and GPR Stabilizer w/tripleclamp. The header is a pound lighter. Pipe who knows? Seems several pounds lighter in my hand.  The way the header is up high and around the motor I don't see it getting hit too often.

Thanks for the input!

Edited by DirtDgr

Skip the new header and put on a ProCircuit T6 slip on. 

MXA, Dirtbike both prefer that set up. 

I have tried the Bill's pipe and the full FMF, and the stock + T6 is way more throttle response right off idle. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, THE KRAN said:

Skip the new header and put on a ProCircuit T6 slip on. 

MXA, Dirtbike both prefer that set up. 

I have tried the Bill's pipe and the full FMF, and the stock + T6 is way more throttle response right off idle. 

Too late for that! Already on the bike. I am already overwhelmed at the throttle response just starting it in the shop! Crazy fast. I don't think I will be wanting more! I am 48 years old. My first fuel injected bike. I will keep those in mind when I can get myself back into shape. Been off bikes and into racing buggies for a while now. So I am fat and happy and waaay out of shape. Thanks!

• Like 1