Jump to content

Little Bald Trail, Little Naches Area

Recommended Posts

This is a fantastic trail. It is mostly moderate difficulty, but has an exposed face at one climb that is pretty intense (in video after the Road To Hell)

This was the very first trail I was on after returning to riding. After a 30 yr break, my business partner felt this would be a nice easy trail to go up...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Later in the day, we hit another trail in the area, one with some interesting history to it...

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, norsepeak said:

That's a terrible trail, no fun at all... Nobody should ride it... Ever.

Sent from my XT1254 using ThumperTalk mobile app
 

That trail will wreck your bike! Fortunately I know a good mechanic that lives near the trail. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

Later in the day, we hit another trail in the area, one with some interesting history to it...

That looks like a fun one. Is it near the Boulder Cave area? I saw signs there that said S/A required which piqued my interest (indicating ORV trails nearby). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

keep going past the lookout and try some of those "most difficult" jeep trails, kicked my 650cc riding butt

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, highmarker said:

keep going past the lookout and try some of those "most difficult" jeep trails, kicked my 650cc riding butt

We did. There was snow still at the top, 6400 feet. Think it was July 18?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm headed over to naches tomorrow. I got company Sunday but if anyone Friday afternoon or Saturday wants to get lost, exhausted, find peril...let me know.   

The road to hell is waiting. 

IMG_1650.JPG.edf08f1bfe778cb6692888b36521e74f.JPG

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, highmarker said:

keep going past the lookout and try some of those "most difficult" jeep trails, kicked my 650cc riding butt

Have you gone over Bethel Ridge, to the radio tower and the jeep trails that overlook rimrock from the north side of hwy12? Fantastic fun dual sport kind of thing. 

After 3 yrs, about the only thing left on my list for the area is;

suntop

the trail at crystal mtn

russell ridge trail

greek creek

devils slide

plus a decent list of taneum trails

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On sleds and klr650's, never with a trail bike. I'm riding N Nevada but will be back for vet ride, might see ya there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

Have you gone over Bethel Ridge, to the radio tower and the jeep trails that overlook rimrock from the north side of hwy12? Fantastic fun dual sport kind of thing. 

After 3 yrs, about the only thing left on my list for the area is;

suntop

the trail at crystal mtn

russell ridge trail

greek creek

devils slide

plus a decent list of taneum trails

Crystal Mt. Ski Area Crystal Mt.? After someone - perhaps yourself - posted that there is a trail there I checked the MVUM, no such trail on that map. Closest ST is around Naches Pass and north of Greenwater on a ridge up above. 

On a second note, how are you going over? 410 is closed due to fire are you taking Cayuse/White, Packwood/White or 90? TIA. Thinking of trying to escape Saturday for a ride.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KaToomTime said:

Crystal Mt. Ski Area Crystal Mt.? After someone - perhaps yourself - posted that there is a trail there I checked the MVUM, no such trail on that map. Closest ST is around Naches Pass and north of Greenwater on a ridge up above. 

On a second note, how are you going over? 410 is closed due to fire are you taking Cayuse/White, Packwood/White or 90? TIA. Thinking of trying to escape Saturday for a ride.

Dang, thanks for heads up. Didn't realize it's still closed! Is fs70 and fs7030 closed as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My observation about crystal mtn comes from my National Geographic map. That map is generally very accurate, my favorite maps. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

Dang, thanks for heads up. Didn't realize it's still closed! Is fs70 and fs7030 closed as well?

Not sure where those roads are here is inciweb page for the fire it has a map of the closure. PCT partly closed going to suck for hikers trying to hike the whole thing.

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5509/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am thinking of trying to escape for a day Sat or Sunday. If Sunday it might just have to be a really long day so I come back at night after the pass is cleared out a bit.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We rode Naches Pass last Friday and a sign on Hwy 410 said closed at MP 6x, which would probably be at the turn off for Chinook Pass. And about  about 20 miles south of Crystal Village and NF-70.

From Pyramid Peak Mt Rainier was clear but there was some haze (prob smoke) in the distance along the crest, which I suspect was from the Norse Pk fire.  We rode NF 7080 over the crest and down into Little Naches and the gate just below the crest on NF 787 was open, but even closed a MC can bypass it. Traffic was light with 1 other riding group, a jeep on the Naches Pass Trail, and a few PU trucks on logging roads, but lots of campers along NF 70 with more streaming in as we were leaving.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×