Oil weight

Thats kind of like asking which is the best steak, you will get 10 different answers. JASO MA is what is recommended in a wet clutch system. Also on the back in a little circle make sure it does NOT say "energy conserving". My choice is Honda GN4 or Lucas, not because I think they are any better or worse than most, they are easy to come by, they work as they should for their intended purpose and they are not ridiculously priced. 

Cue the Rotella argument in 3....2......

Doh! weight either 10w40 or 10w50 is what I think my manual recommends, I am not near it right now.

This is the dumbed down version, click this to get more info if you need it. 

https://passenger.lubrizoladditives360.com/understanding-jaso-ma-and-mb/

Edited by tmauto69
  • Like 2

I run Honda trans 80-85W red bottle or belray gear saver in the transmission side and Honda 10-40 with moly in the engine or in the real hot weather I run belray 20-50 friction modified (has moly and other slippery stuff not good for clutches) in the engine.  I have ran belray 10-40 and 20-50 non friction modified in the tranny works well also

I've been running the Rotella T6 5W-40 in pretty much everything for quite a few years now (Street, Dirt, and ATV ) seems to work great and even smooth out some of my shifting on my 85 V65 Magna ?

On my 93 CR250 I still run the Honda Gear oil (80/90 gear box stuff in the red pointed bottles) ... don't know why, just do..