Ever dremel a rotor?

20 hours ago, md30 said:

I wouldn't be trashing it. There's already slots in it like all rotors have, it just needs to be slightly enlarged

You ever notice how all those slots are perfectly symmetrical?  Wanna guess what happens when you remove metal in a non-symmetric manner from a part that spins at high speed?  

10 minutes ago, CDNSXV said:

You ever notice how all those slots are perfectly symmetrical?  Wanna guess what happens when you remove metal in a non-symmetric manner from a part that spins at high speed?  

dont worry, i sliced a few knobs off the tire on the opposite end to counter balance them ?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, CDNSXV said:

A brake rotor certainly does not "spin at high speed". At 60 mph a 21" front wheel is doing about 800 rpm.

Do you think the wheels and tires on your dirt bike are perfectly balanced? Or even close to being balanced? With that giant rim lock on one side?

Removing a couple of grams to make a hole slightly bigger for the lock isn't going to hurt a thing.

Edited by The Spanky
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Flagstaff said:

Looks good to me.  I've always balanced ALL my tires/wheels, I don't think I'd even check that unless I already had the wheel off. ?

nah i was never worried about the balance, that was other people who brought it up, i was just worried about developing rust. plus i filed it down on each side anyways, not for balance, but so I would always have one slot exposed for my disc lock.

plus getting new tires this week anyways! :goofy:

• Like 2