New XL600

Hi all, I am not sure if I'm correct here (in the XR forum) but I have just bought an XL600R and have a few questions regarding the bike ... If not could you please point me in the right direction? 

Cheers,

Jon.

XL600R.jpeg

Ok, Great ... I won this bike in an eBay auction... I know nothing about these bikes apart from I wanted one for a long time. I am assuming that the colors are not standard (the frame is purple/blue and the fenders black...), and am not sure if the tank is the correct color for this year? 

Is anyone a little wiser than I am? 

Cheers,

Jon.

That's a Euro bike, it has the mechanical tachometer, there were different color schemes offered there, than the US, including a Paris Dakar version of the 600R.

Yes - I bought the bike in Germany, but even over here I can't find one with the same color scheme - I can find plenty with the red engine and a few with the same tank, but none with the matching tank and engine - and none whatsoever with this color frame :)

XL600.de biggest database for european XL .

they will answer any question .

Bike look nice even its a mix from different XL models and some aftermarket parts .

Thanks for all the replies !!! 

@ScottRNelson - don't worry, I have no plans to change anything at the moment - just ride it !

@h22acaveman - nice bike - looks great, and that you are having a lot of fun with your XL :) I do not really have an idea of how mine rides yet, I still have to get it registered ... but the short test drive seemed all good !!! - PS what exhaust do you have on yours? 

@Schrauberklaus - thanks for the link, I have now registered also on XL600.de and posted there also. I guess you are German/in Germany based on your profile name? 

Edited by ljonny18

Thanks for all the replies !!! 
@ScottRNelson - don't worry, I have no plans to change anything at the moment - just ride it !
@h22acaveman - nice bike - looks great, and that you are having a lot of fun with your XL  I do not really have an idea of how mine rides yet, I still have to get it registered ... but the short test drive seemed all good !!! - PS what exhaust do you have on yours? 
@Schrauberklaus - thanks for the link, I have now registered also on XL600.de and posted there also. I guess you are German/in Germany based on your profile name? 
Thanks, the exhaust is a supertrapp... it Sounds good and came with the bike