Broke Knukle

Anyone ever broke there pinky knuckle? Back in July on the 23rd that Sunday. I was at a race and on the start when we left the gate, the person in Front of me must have kicked up a rock or hard dirt clod. When it hit my hand it hurt pretty good but I kept racing. It actually cut my ring finger and pinky finger.

At work like 3 days later I just had the Nurse look at. She x-rayed it for me just to see if it was broke. She couldn't read the x-ray but she said it looked awful suspicious. It did look or have different lines on the knuckle than the others.

She said just to tape the pinky and ring finger together and try not to move them. I did and about two weeks later it felt a lot better. I could at least squeeze something or grip now.

So just went back to riding/racing. When I go to work I just tape em up and use a Glue stick I made and shaped for a splint. Today August 24th I just stopped using the Tape to tape my fingers up.

However the knuckle is still real sore when you turn or move it a certain way.

I can make a fist a squeeze my hand,lift weights, ride mtn bike, dirtbike ect....

But think it's not completely healed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using ThumperTalk mobile app

Not sure if I broke mine or not but I did something to it. 2 years ago bike came out of gear on the jump face while seat bouncing. I landed on my face and jammed my pinky into the ground. I injured the last knuckle, the one right behind the nail. I couldn't completely straighten the tip of my pinky without help. It was hard to squeeze with that finger too. It took a couple months before I couldn't realize anything ever happened too it. 2 years late it feels and works just fine. If you did break something it is gonna take some more weeks before it is healed. Don't hesitate to go see the ortho if you think something is wrong though. 

• Like 1

Not sure if I broke mine or not but I did something to it. 2 years ago bike came out of gear on the jump face while seat bouncing. I landed on my face and jammed my pinky into the ground. I injured the last knuckle, the one right behind the nail. I couldn't completely straighten the tip of my pinky without help. It was hard to squeeze with that finger too. It took a couple months before I couldn't realize anything ever happened too it. 2 years late it feels and works just fine. If you did break something it is gonna take some more weeks before it is healed. Don't hesitate to go see the ortho if you think something is wrong though. 

It's getting better day by day now.
Still a little sore when I no e it a certain way bit it's getting better. I can ride now without any pain. Bout the only time it hurts is when I pit a glove on.
The glove kinda squeezes the side of my hand when putting it in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using ThumperTalk mobile app

Most fractures take 4-6 weeks to heal completely. Just because it feels better does not mean it is healed.

I would tape a splint to the finger, in the flexed position, then buddy-tape to the next finger.

• Like 1