Anyone know the difference between the R&D Powerbowl & Powerbowl 2

I'm having carb tuning issues ever since changing to a high comp piston and I'm making changes which take forever so was looking into an adjustable leak jet. I'm trying not to spend too much money because I'm selling this bike once I get it running decent. I found a used R&D Powerbowl for about 100 bucks or I can get the newest version (Powerbowl 2) for 150. Only difference I can see is the newest one adjusts the leak jet from the AP cover on the carb side and the older one adjusts from the muffler side which I could see as being a pain but would deal with. Just wondering if there is any internal changes that cannot be seen from the eye. I read some articles or press releases that said that there was but it didn't say what changes and I tried emailing R&D with no luck so if anyone has more info about either of them I would greatly appreciate the help. I'm also having an issue where my bike cuts out on steep inclines or declines so I am hoping this helps with that as well. Thanks!!

The difference is negligable in the reduction of cavitation (bubbles) in the apump system.

Get the cheaper one, as long as it includes the apump linkage spring upgrade, which is not to be ignored.

Even at 150.00, that is nearly 50% off of the price from just a few years ago...

10 hours ago, THE KRAN said:

The difference is negligable in the reduction of cavitation (bubbles) in the apump system.

Get the cheaper one, as long as it includes the apump linkage spring upgrade, which is not to be ignored.

Even at 150.00, that is nearly 50% off of the price from just a few years ago...

Actually I'm glad you mentioned the spring because I didn't even realize that came with the kit and no this used one does not have that but I looked on ebay and found that tokyo mods and another company sell them for 20 bucks so now the savings of buying the used one is dwindling and looking less desirable. What's it do make the A pump rod return quicker, is it a necessity worth the extra 50 bucks? I have the O-ring mod is that enough? Thanks for the response! BTW I have a new puppy that looks real similar to your dog, I have no clue what breed she is though cause we rescued her.

7 hours ago, J-Biv said:

Actually I'm glad you mentioned the spring because I didn't even realize that came with the kit and no this used one does not have that but I looked on ebay and found that tokyo mods and another company sell them for 20 bucks so now the savings of buying the used one is dwindling and looking less desirable. What's it do make the A pump rod return quicker, is it a necessity worth the extra 50 bucks? I have the O-ring mod is that enough? Thanks for the response! BTW I have a new puppy that looks real similar to your dog, I have no clue what breed she is though cause we rescued her.

The oring binds the throttle linkage to the apump linkage. That is not really what you want, but it's better than nothing.

The linkage spring connects the throttle linkage to the apump linkage, but progressively separates them, and does not interfere with the throttle linkage, nor is it going to break or stretch.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, that helps me understand better. I went to a different track yesterday that was on flat ground instead of a mountain side like the week before where my bike was cutting out on the inclines and declines and so yesterday it cut out in mid air on jumps and also right after landing on bigger jumps. Scary stuff so I really want to get this issue fixed, I can't even sell the bike in good faith like this. I ordered the used R&D bowl so hopefully it helps.