Best Place to Ride Near Lake Tahoe

A few of us normally do a camping/riding trip at Stonyford (letts lake), but we cant go that far this year.  Looking to go somewhere around Forest Hill or something.  Can anyone recommend an area that has riding that is challenging like Stonyford in the Sacramento/Lake Tahoe/Bear Valley area?  We are definately advanced riders

Chalk Bluff OHV  (10 miles west of Hwy 80 on Hwy20)

Downievillle

Prosser OHV (Truckee)

Elkins Flat (South of Lake Tahoe)

• Like 1

If you are the riders you say you are, Downieville is awesome, although a bit out there (don't know where you are).

White Pines out of Arnold can be good but to really have fun there one needs a decent tour guide (same with DV).

• Like 1

We are actually from Santa Cruz.  So most of our riding is at Hollister, which is why we try to get out and ride somewhere new at least once a year.  I had heard of Downieville before, i will research that one as well as the others you guys recommended. Really appreciate it.   Tour guide would be nice, but at least a few of us use Trail Tech, so getting lost is not a worry anymore. :) 

If you do decide on Downieville, make sure to stop by the bicycle shop to pick up one of their excellent trail guides.

Edited by Chas_M

11 minutes ago, Rockman_XR400 said:

We are actually from Santa Cruz.  

Same here.  Still have a house on the Point.  Used to split my time more between SC and Tahoe, but have been staying in Truckee for the most part the last few years.

7 hours ago, still2smokin said:

What is wrong with you ?

The challenge at Prairie City is actually having fun.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, still2smokin said:

What is wrong with you ?

Not sure how to answer that, right now the problem I'm having is we have no coffee here, I have to get up still, I have a slight headache from the beers I consumed last night, I still need to load my bike, I have no one to ride with this weekend and I don't know where I'm staging at. I know I want to stage at a new lower spot tho. Im also wondering about getting ribbon and making trail markers. I'm balding, dehydrated, tired and sore, truck is shifting funny(so I washed it last night), roommates are moving out, gotta come up with $800 more dollars a month.. still trying to figure out how I'm going to watch McGregor get beat up tonight. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, the Riddler. said:

Not sure how to answer that, right now the problem I'm having is we have no coffee here, I have to get up still, I have a slight headache from the beers I consumed last night, I still need to load my bike, I have no one to ride with this weekend and I don't know where I'm staging at. I know I want to stage at a new lower spot tho. Im also wondering about getting ribbon and making trail markers. I'm balding, dehydrated, tired and sore, truck is shifting funny(so I washed it last night), roommates are moving out, gotta come up with $800 more dollars a month.. still trying to figure out how I'm going to watch McGregor get beat up tonight. 

white-girl-problems.jpg

• Like 5

......haaaaa,parking at the lower spot, your gonna have to wash it again haaaaa............ Murph,what 2smokin said,Downieville,just don't let Slacko talk you into tagging along

1 hour ago, the Riddler. said:

funny(so I washed it last night)

The hikers were more bad that the mountain bikers.

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

Edited by KTMCASH
Security readons
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, the Riddler. said:

We're watching the fight at my buddies man cave Rocklin if you're close.