08 reeds in a 04 250sx, is it ok?

Hello, the reeds on my 04 250sx were bad so I pulled out reeds off my 08 250sx and side by side they look different. The 08's looks bigger and thicker reeds to the 04's. but they were the same in height, so I threw the 08 reeds in the 04 and jetted it higher to be safe. Bike ran fine it seems around the block. My question is will I mess up the bike by doing this? Will power decrease or shorten the life out of the bike? 

All this because I couldn't find replacement reeds (the pads not the cage) online for the 04.

Edited by Howard888

You already answered your own question. Good job on finding a solution.  Boyesen must have replacement reeds though.

• Like 1

How did I answer my own question? I'm trying to figure out by doing this will the bike run less efficient, more heat, less HP, that's what im asking.

Also the stock 04 reeds are vforce but no information about these online... Not even on vforce site.

Edited by Howard888

You answered your own question by saying it ran fine! 

Sorry I reworded it so people don't get confused, "Bike ran fine it seems around the block" but before I take it to the track and get on it hard on Sunday im trying to figure out if its going to be ok.

I just seen the link, yeah thats the stock 08 reeds. So cool they do interchange without a problem then. But weird that the stock 04's and 08's look so different lol. Thanks man

• Like 1

No prob man, I get what you are saying of course. I saw a video on YouTube where a guy fixed his blaster reeds with a credit card... maybe take one more run for a test to ease your fears, but if it was going to be crap, it would already have showed ya. Enjoy riding.

Edited by DEMI