Holy S**T this hurts....

Finally got the KX250F I've been working on for almost 3 freaking months out to the track for a test ride. I'm a newbie, started riding a friends bike back in March about once a week. Since buying my bike I haven't ridden his at all, so no seat time since late May.... Not sure if it's all the damn Youtube videos, the stuff I read here or the fact that the bike is mine and if I fling it off the track into the lake it's my loss and don't owe any one anything.. but after test riding it and working on the idle and such I hit the track riding with determination and confidence... I'm sure at one point I cleared a triple (if you believe that I have some premium land to sell you), but I did finally detach the tires from the ground, purposlly. Anyway now that the adrenaline has worn off I feel like I have been beat with a bag of rocks......... Since I rode mid-day, I have work to do.... but all I want to do is lay down and get caught up on GOT.... Plus I have to coach lacrosse tonight.... 
Send Ben-Gay quick....

You should NOT ride above your skill level, especially as a relative n00b. You will get seriously hurt. Ride in control at all times and work on precision/accuracy of line, not speed.

😳😳 Guess you didn't get the hilarity and sarcasm of my post. I was well within my skill level...  still hurts.... Thanks for the advice though. 

Edited by Huey_Boondocks

Where at in the Lone Star are you?

Dallas area...

"but all you do is sit in the seat and twist the throttle" 

My wife 'was' a top class soccer player... 2/3 nights a week, swim every other day, weights etc etc. When we met she had a 6 pack...

Lol, 1hr on the dirtbike and she's done for 2 days..

You're supposed to buy a jacuzzi when you get a bike so when you get bucked off you can go rest your sore ass.

Yes time off from track can hurt. I took break from racing after 20 years in 14'  .  Been back at practice tracks twice a week for 4-5 weeks now . Was rough first few weeks but much better now not where I was at one time but happy and going better every week.  The more you do it the better it is . Lacrosse awesome sport I played 7th-12th as a midd fielder wasn't the best but ok . It help with racing back then I was in very good shape.  Still have my old stick acutely played catch with a buddies son. Been long time but felt awesome.  Good sport 

14 hours ago, Muffintop said:

You're supposed to buy a jacuzzi when you get a bike so when you get bucked off you can go rest your sore ass.

Now see that there is veteran advice.... luckily I've kept the horse tamed and my butt on the seat and not in the dirt.... it's just old muscles hurting... question can you put epsom salt in a jacuzzi???? LOL Thanks for the reply..

13 hours ago, Motox367 said:

Yes time off from track can hurt. I took break from racing after 20 years in 14'  .  Been back at practice tracks twice a week for 4-5 weeks now . Was rough first few weeks but much better now not where I was at one time but happy and going better every week.  The more you do it the better it is . Lacrosse awesome sport I played 7th-12th as a midd fielder wasn't the best but ok . It help with racing back then I was in very good shape.  Still have my old stick acutely played catch with a buddies son. Been long time but felt awesome.  Good sport 

Good luck on your return to the sport. Bet you are appreciating and enjoying it much more now... Yes, lacrosse is a great sport passed on by most for the big 4 sports. It's a beautiful game when played right and have a great history behind it.  We had the the Pro Lacrosse championship here last week.  I'm a sports photographer and got to shoot the game and celebrate on the field with the winners after the game.  Thanks for the reply!!!