XR Only slip on exhaust clamp issue

I have a 2016 XR650l just bought a XR only slip on muffler have tried several aftermarket and the stock clamp but can't get a snug fit. I am trying to connect the XR Only exhaust to the stock header pipe. The exhaust is leaking pretty bad. Does anyone have any ideas or ways to help fix this? Thanks for the help!

If the pipes aren't a snug slip fit , sealant isn't going to last long , you need to fill the space with a sleeve. Take the two parts to an auto parts store and find either an adapter or a straight piece of pipe to fill the space. If you just rig it with sealer and it leaks , you'll be trying to rejet for the new pipe forever.

Bite the bullet and buy the header to u are better off. Sealant isn't going to last .and do u really wanna do that anyway?   Put the stocker back on till u get the funds.

20170824_170258.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/24/2017 at 5:57 PM, blackhawk12332 said:

...The exhaust is leaking pretty bad. Does anyone have any ideas or ways to help fix this...

Add two more slices with a cutoff wheel to allow room for the diameter of the tube to shrink to fit easily.  I'm not sure what type of clamp you're using but dump the stock one if you're using it and get a stainless steel t-bolt clamp of the correct size range and it will pull it down tight.  Use muffler gasket material or header wrap (or such) to form a seal.

That forward mount that is no longer there on the XRO can really needs to be remedied to stabilize everything and prevent problems for the long term.  Adding it back will help to prevent exhaust movement and leaks.  The best way is to just add a boss to the XRO can and is what I did for mine.  If that isn't possible for you, another way to do it is to use another clamp and a fab up a bracket to attach to frame.  

Below is a great setup built and used by a member of another forum.  Something similar is what you need to consider adding for stability.

LexLeroy exhaust support.jpg

Edited by Hollerhead