What year GG 300 has E-start?

Casually looking around for a woods thrasher. If a GG 300 came up at a good deal, I'd try one out. Needs a button though. What years to look for?

Any comparisons to a Beta 300?

Sent from my SM-G900V using ThumperTalk mobile app

I believe that 2011 was the first year the EC250/300 came with electric start. 

I can only compare a short ride on a bone stock 2014 EC300 to my current Beta 300RR. The GasGas had a much more distinct mid range hit compared to the more linear Beta power delivery. Outside of that I can't tell you much other than I'd have no issue with owning either one.

I went with the Beta simply because of the state GasGas was in at the time and the lack of local dealers. I'd love to take a new 2018 for a ride to see how they have changed. They definitely look good!

• Like 2

They can be put on the older bikes though. I put one on my 06. Not sure how far back.

18 has significantly smoother motor, and a slightly better estart. My 14 300 estart rarely worked right.  My 18 hasn't missed a beat.. yet. ;)...

• Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 5:10 PM, 1.21GW said:

They can be put on the older bikes though. I put one on my 06. Not sure how far back.

Wont work on my 01 300 ec.. side cases different.. not sure but maybe from 2002 on can fit estart?? Not completely sure though. Just know 01 wont work. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Well, if lightning strike was able to retrofit his '06, I'll go out on a limb and say '05 - on. GG redid the engine cases for the 2005 model year.

• Like 1