What years of the Beta 300 have E-start?

Casually looking around for a woods thrasher. If a GG 300 came up at a good deal, I'd try one out. Needs a button though. What years to look for?

Anyone been able to compare these to GasGas 300? Looking at the KTM 300 also obviously. Whatever comes cheapest with a button used and in usable condition.

Sent from my SM-G900V using ThumperTalk mobile app

Buy a used Beta 250 or 300 don't waste your time with Gasgas or 16 and earlier Ktm. They aren't a good design. All the used Beta red have good estart that work how they are supposed to. I have a Gasgas 300 but too old to upgrade to estart. Not worth it anyway after doing lots of research. Beta estart is great. It works. It's hard to get early Gasgas estart parts too. Gasgas sells an estart kit supposedly. I don't know of anyone that got one . I know a friend having a hard time getting estart parts for a 13 Gasgas estart. Maybe you could inquire there just to see new parts availablity.  But why waste your time. Just get a bike with a good  Estart which is only Beta for used.. unless getting a used 17 Ktm Husky.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

35 minutes ago, GHILL28 said:

How far back did the Betas have it?

Beta's first (recent) foray into the 2T market came in 2013. The starter has been underneath the motor, nestled between the frame rails, ever since.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GHILL28 said:

Casually looking around for a woods thrasher. If a GG 300 came up at a good deal, I'd try one out. Needs a button though. What years to look for?

Anyone been able to compare these to GasGas 300? Looking at the KTM 300 also obviously. Whatever comes cheapest with a button used and in usable condition.

Just from the experiences of my Ktm friends, if you get a pre '15 Ktm, plan on upgrading the starter on it. I think they upgraded the starter motor in 2015, but it was still the bastardized one on the side of the motor.

I may be a bit biased...but IMO, the Beta 2 strokes are a better bike than the <'17 Ktm's/Huskies. I've ridden quite a few of those bikes and my takeaways are, 4cs forks suck on the xc/te and I've never liked the PDS on the W's. The CC forks on the older XC's were better than the 4cs, but still not that great. Also, the chassis is wide at the pegs compared to the Beta.

Edited by Sierra_rider
  • Like 1