2004 CRF150F Transmission fluid change

Hello everybody,

Im kinda a newbie here since I just bought a used '04 CRF150F to help get my younger cousin into riding. 

And since I bought this bike used, I plan on changing all the fluids and kinda starting fresh. 

My question is can someone please tell or show me where the transmission drain / fill bolts are? Im currently at work

but once I get home I plan on doing this tonight. I bought a service manual but still havent found the image showing where things are. 

Again this is a 2004 CRF150F ..  

Thanks in advance.. 

Chris 

Thanks, But im looking to change fluids in the transmission.  I have searched Youtube a few times but havent found anything. 

Check out a genuine Honda factory shop manual.
It states that the engine use the same exact oil that the transmission uses.
So when you change the engine oil, your changing the transmission oil at the same time, you actually have no choice in the matter.

Because of that Be sure that you only use "only Motorcycle specific engine oil" such as 5w-40 shell Rotella T 6 from Wall Mart (Blue Bottle) best price in your town. IMG_1503616513.339673.jpg
See the JASO DH-2 , JASO MA/MA2

That means your clutch will not slip when using this oil.

IMG_1503616646.716860.jpg

Good luck and get riding....

• Like 2

Thanks. I guess I was wrong thinking tranny and engine were seperate.  Time to get a better manual. 

Would this oil you recommend be good to use in my 1999 Honda XR250r as well? It's time to change that bikes oil as well.

And where is the best place to get a "Quality" manual?

thx.  

5 hours ago, adnohguy said:

Check out a genuine Honda factory shop manual.
It states that the engine use the same exact oil that the transmission uses.
So when you change the engine oil, your changing the transmission oil at the same time, you actually have no choice in the matter.

Because of that Be sure that you only use "only Motorcycle specific engine oil" such as 5w-40 shell Rotella T 6 from Wall Mart (Blue Bottle) best price in your town. IMG_1503616513.339673.jpg
See the JASO DH-2 , JASO MA/MA2

That means your clutch will not slip when using this oil.

IMG_1503616646.716860.jpg

Good luck and get riding....

Wait, what, what happened to Motul 300v ?

Low:
Glad you remembered about the good stuff.

Most people turn up there noses and raise an eyebrow at anything I say.... you think some newb is going to spend $60.00 gallon for 300v based on what I say?

I run this stuff (T6) in my street bikes, 300v off road and my duel sport XR250r.

Got to save $ for off road race gas somewhere...

• Like 3

I guess I forgot to post an update on here. 

Did the oil change on both bikes. Bought the oil "adnohguy" recommended. Now I just need to find the time to go ride. 

Thanks to everyone that helped me on this situation. 

• Like 1