Camping & Riding China Hat/East Fort Rock

We are headed down to China Hat/East Fort Rock at the end of September. I see there are a number of places to camp, any recommendations? I was told to "go down to La Pine and turn left". Since I will be dragging a trailer I don't really want go exploring to find a spot......

Liked dispersed spots that are close to, but not in the 2510 camp. It's central so you can ride a different direction each ride.

I'd stay at prineville reservoir area, crooked river! Closer to millican riding area but so what... look up pics of it! 

Heres a vid I made of the area including some drive time on the reservoir and river. World class scenery!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

I'd stay at prineville reservoir area, crooked river! Closer to millican riding area but so what... look up pics of it! 

Heres a vid I made of the area including some drive time on the reservoir and river. World class scenery!

We have done Millican several times, great area. But we are ready for some trails/scenery. We typically do Millican in June and stay at the last "play area" before the road drops down to the reservoir, that when when it's hot we can ride in the morning and then head down to the water for the afternoon 8-)

• Like 1

Driving to La Pine and cutting in puts you at the very southern end of the area, it's further drive and not the best place to stage since you'll be so far at the south end. All the designated camps are good, 2510 is the most used. Road 25 staging requires no gravel before you reach the turn for it, which can be nice. You can disperse camp where ever you want, lots of good spots, you can always park and go scout on your bike for an ideal spot. 

I'd recommend watching the weather and horse ridge web cam because the conditions will likely still be VERY dry, dusty and loose till early to mid October.