Tuning/remap

How do you remap or tune these bikes or where do you send what to do it? I've seen on here somewhere that this is a must do for these bikes.
So I went to my local (and only) Suzuki dealer and wanted to ask some questions about my bike (2013 RMZ450). They didn't seem to have any more knowledge than I did and I'm a dumb dumb with dirt bikes. I asked about getting my bike tuned/remapped and they looked at me like they have never heard of such a thing. This place is really an Indian motorcycle dealer and unless you want to buy a new motorcycle they don't seem to want anything to do with you. So I have all these questions I can't get answered and I don't know what to do. I did a search on here to see if anything is already on here but none of my searches turn up anything. My Manual says nothing about how to tune/remap the efi or how to check how many hours are on the bike. Thanks for your help, you can make fun of me for being a rookie if you want.

I have heard folks on here and on Vital talking about Moto Lab. I sent the guy am email inquiring about it for our bikes, and I have heard nothing back. 

Hey thanks!

I saw someone mention the name Tom a while back but I can't find that post anywhere. I'll call around tomorrow if anywhere is open. But I live in North Dakota and no body seems to know anything... about anything. Wish I could meet some riding buddies that know what they are doing so I can learn first hand from knowledgeable people. I think people on here are sick of "stupid" questions haha but I gotta start somewhere

Yes it is Tom at Moto Lab. Very knowledgeable and very nice guy.

He was not taking any remaps the past few months because of Loretta's. I am not sure if he is back in full swing yet or not. He is a one man show so he gets very busy at times. He also needs to have a bike in the shop in order to do your remap so if he does not have access to a bike that is the same as yours he cannot do your remap. That is the biggest issue he faces. 

Side note. Calling him on the phone is the easiest way to get ahold of him. I don't know how much time he has to spend in front of the computer. 

Edited by BDubb106

Hey thanks for your replies guys!
I would like to get my bike tuned for woods riding. It's not terrible now but from the sounds of it from you guys it makes a dramatic difference so I'd like to see what it's all about.

Ok thanks.

Does anyone know if the idle knob setting matters? I accidentally turned the knob a bunch because it said "open" and an arrow to turn. So I turned it a bunch then realized I just pull it to open choke and turning it adjusts the idle. So I turned it back to where the idle kinda sounds about right but don't know for sure if it's adjusted right. Is it important that it is adjusted perfectly? I don't have any way of knowing if it's idling at the right RPM as I don't have a multi circuit tester or tachometer. Does it affect performance or top speed or air/fuel ratio or mapping or rich/lean settings or does it literally only strictly affect the idle speed and that's it? Is it better to have it adjusted higher rather than lower? Thanks again for the help

Ok thanks.
Does anyone know if the idle knob setting matters? I accidentally turned the knob a bunch because it said "open" and an arrow to turn. So I turned it a bunch then realized I just pull it to open choke and turning it adjusts the idle. So I turned it back to where the idle kinda sounds about right but don't know for sure if it's adjusted right. Is it important that it is adjusted perfectly? I don't have any way of knowing if it's idling at the right RPM as I don't have a multi circuit tester or tachometer. Does it affect performance or top speed or air/fuel ratio or mapping or rich/lean settings or does it literally only strictly affect the idle speed and that's it? Is it better to have it adjusted higher rather than lower? Thanks again for the help

?

Adjust it down to where the bike is just about to stall and then speed it up 2 or 3 clicks.

Ok thanks, that's kinda what I did . Just don't want it to harm anything and I've done a few google searches and can't really find anything. Also don't want it to take from my bottom and top end or eat thru fuel faster but I can't find out if it affects that or not. I guess I'll probably end up getting a tester or a few gauges if the stator will support a temp gauge rpm gauge speedometer and hour meter. I'm looking into if I can find an all in one gauge

Tom at the moto lab told me that he was no longer doing remaps unless the bike is there as its too hard to track down a bike to plug your ecu in. Not sure if this was only for the summer or permanent going forward.

Sent from my XT1585 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Well damn. Wonder if I can learn to do it. Probably just need one of those tuner things idk. Guess it'll just have to stay the way it is. Which isn't bad but would like to see if there is a difference

You could just throw a pim2 in there or the yoshimura hand held tuner would be the best but most expensive option

Thanks I will look into this, someone told me they have a power commander for my bike they'd give me for $100, would that do any good?