Xt250 single cam klx450r hybrid

Hey guys I'm trying to make a good handling bike with modern suspension and brakes that has a low maintanence air cooled 4t engine ( basically a AJP)  I've got my hands on a Klx 450 r with blown motor, rest of its good, still original tyres but I'm having trouble deciding on a motor I am a real Yamaha fan like just about every Australian so I was thinking an old 81-83 xt250 single cam because there everywhere around here but I have found lots of similar projects with a xr200 and I know it's a smelly engine externally making it good for this very project but I want others opinions how big externally is the xt250, I'm roughly 80kg and 190cm high so either would really do me with power although I wouldn't mind the little extra of the 250 ,,,, is the xt a wet sump motor ? What chain size dose it use etc etc thanks guys

I have a Gas Gas 400 fse I was going to do the same thing with. I had the SOHC xt engine sitting in it and I can tell you it is significantly taller than the original 400 which shares quite a bit with the Suzuki drz400 engine. The Gas Gas is a twin spar frame and the fuel tank had no hope of fitting with the xt250 motor in place. The engine would not fit into the frame with the head unstalled, the head had to be placed on through the frame. 

The bottom end is a similar size to the gas gas/suzuki 400. If you need any measurements I could probably get them for you. 

Hey guys I now have a guy building me a honda 200 engine from all the best bits of   Of all the Honda 200s like big fin barrel off the act200 etc etc