cable replacement on '15 WR

This sounds pretty silly. But I swapped my clutch cable yesterday, made sure to route it through the same spot as the old one, adjusted it best I can before actually riding the bike but it feels about 29 times harder to pull the lever in than before. Does it need to break in or something? ? 

Throttle cables are intense... I've disconnected from both ends but unsure the best way to pull them through. There's hardly any room to see wtf is going on.... I've never had this much trouble with cables before 

Moto pro cables. 

The clutch is still stiff as &%$#@!. Night and day difference from what is was before. It was smooth light and didn't have much resistance. 

Got my throttle cables installed. But I'm at another wall. They spin and snap back to place when I test them without the cast throttle clamp over them.... soon as I put the clamp on, no dice. Ordered new clamps and same issue. Throttle tube spins freely on the bars with no friction or resistance.  What the &%$#@! am I missing? I'm going insane

Replaced the throttle tube. All the issues went away. 

Now the bike dies when I turn the choke off. That means it's too lean, correct? Lean = too much air?? 

Confused why the change in performance when I did nothing to the bike and it's just sat for a few weeks