2001 CR125 Cases won't go back together

As previsouly discussed in my other topic, we had a 125 with serious metal in the oil, we split the cases to find a bearing in the tranny had exploded and the wear caused damage to the case.  Got the new case with the bearings installed, can not get cases to go back together!  It seems to be hanging up on either the power shaft or counter shaft bearing when we try to pull the crank in, so you end of up a small gap at the front of the motor and a large one at the back.  I've hammered, took it out and tried several times, but just can't seem to see where it is really binding up.  

Any suggestions?

Apparently you have to remove the inner race from the old bearing (which exploded) before putting the new bearing on.:naughty:

• Like 1

Anybody know what this part is?  Right about 1" inside diameter.  Note the tapered end and the gasket/o-ring.  Left over and the bike is all back together.:banghead:

IMG_1401.JPG

IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

im not much of a 125 guy but i think of 2 places that have something like that, the bearing race on the crank and the output shaft  , look up a parts pic and think about your last motor surgery

• Like 1

Pretty sure it is the output shaft. . . .it just doesn't make sense for where it was stored during the rebuild.  It was with the Stator. . . . . we hadn't split the cases yet when we took off the stator.

Outside the oil seal?  This would be much easier if I had the bike at my place, trying to do it from memory and tell my nephew how to do it is a bit tough.  

1 minute ago, Marc Fonger said:

Outside the oil seal?  This would be much easier if I had the bike at my place, trying to do it from memory and tell my nephew how to do it is a bit tough.  

Slides over the shaft with tapper facing in. Use Flat head to push the oring down in to the bearing , then slide collar on, then sprocket

• Like 1