YZ450F. 2005 Advice needed

Having recently moved to the US I'm looking at getting back into off road riding. Realistic will probably get a cheaper old bike first and see if it all works out as our probably be driving up to one off road parks.  Been offered an 05 YZ450.  Appreciate this is old MX but it looks to be in good condition.   Really approaching you guys for any opinions plus what would be main adjustments/ changing for desert/ fire tracks maybe some woods riding etc.  I've read these bikes can have trouble with stalling and overheating on tight slow sections.  Very little history on bike so certainly won't pay top dollar for it.  Comes with 48 sprocket on back    Any help viewswould be appreciated    Riding area will be SoCal 

Those old YZ450's can be tanks that last a LONG time.  I have a YZ426F that literally started 2nd or 3rd kick after sitting for 4 or 5 years.  

I'd check out the valve clearances and see if there's much wear there.. if not and everything else looks fine I wouldn't be opposed to it for the right price.  

• Like 1