Fork oil change out

I changed the fork oil on my 1999 DR-350SE last weekend and I encountered the following issue.  The shop manual for the DR-350 says that the 1999 should have 494 ml of 5wt oil per leg.  My ratio rite measuring device measures 490 or 500 ml on the marks.  Is 6 ml of extra fork oil, assuming that it all made it out of the measuring cup in the first place really going to make that much difference? 

I also have a 1999 DR350SE (The letter designation for the '99 SE is "X", so it's really a DR350SEX.  But that's just weird).  I haven't changed or even checked the oil yet, but why not get the level on your beaker between the 490 and the 500 and call it good?

-JW

2 hours ago, BLBNGR said:

I also have a 1999 DR350SE (The letter designation for the '99 SE is "X", so it's really a DR350SEX.  But that's just weird).  I haven't changed or even checked the oil yet, but why not get the level on your beaker between the 490 and the 500 and call it good?

-JW

Notice that Suzuki stopped making the DR-350SE after they made the SEX model!

• Like 1

Yeah, sex good!
But I have the 94 R model, , and I'm gonna use the 490 ml measurement for my folks.
Just adjust the preload as needed.

2 hours ago, PaydayGabe said:

Yeah, sex good!
But I have the 94 R model, , and I'm gonna use the 490 ml measurement for my folksemoji848.png.
Just adjust the preload as needed.

My forks don't have adjustable preload and they feel like they are hydralocking.