I don't see any topics on this so on cars the brake pumps are large making it easier to bleed than bikes any mechanics out there with tips tricks

And also any way to know if the master cylinder is broken anyone else have trouble bleeding brakes once I spent an hour getting a brake to build up pressure

I hate bleeding brakes just one of the procedures that drives me crazy IMG_1543.jpgIMG_1544.jpg

Bleeding bike brakes is very easy and quick to do most of the time.  Trick is to get a piece of clear hose that fits over the nipple.  Then you can see every bubble and the system doesn't suck air back in.

• Like 1

I use a vacuum bleeder, simple. Some use a rubber band (or a bungee) to hold the lever/pedal in as they crack N' close the bleeder

I have a cheap China vacuum bleed leaks all over the place but a good alternative

17 minutes ago, billyreilly1020 said:

I have a cheap China vacuum bleed leaks all over the place but a good alternative

I have a cast alloy Mity Vac. I also use silicone hose on the bleeder nipples sometimes with a tiny clamp or zip tie. Sometimes, I have to swab stiff grease around the bleeder threads to prevent air from getting sucked in. The grease does not migrate, just needed when the threads are not 'air tight'.

• Like 1

Because I have a fordzda b-ranger truck I had to ultimately invest in a reverse bleeder after replacement of clutch hydraulics that were "prefilled and no bleeding needed". Due to the anus way they run the lines, good luck without one. Long story short, works better on my bike than pressure or vacuum bleeding. Seems to be the better way short of having 100's of adapters and a pressure bleeder. I have all 3, by the way, and reverse works the best. Also as universal as a vacuum bleeder, so works on everything. Some cars, trucks, bikes, don't do vacuum or pressure bleeding well, all do reverse so far. 

• Like 1

I fill it up backwards. 

Clear hose over the nipple, use a syringe and push up the bubbles. 

• Like 2