Another part out or sell whole bike thread

So I got a good deal on a 2017 TC125, so I put my trusty and far from rusty YZ for sale. Have it on craigslist, here on TT and ebay with really no action. I sold a bunch of parts already and made about $1000, but debating on parting bike out. What are motors going for these days? Do people still use them in Karts of are they all 4T motors now too? I don't think I am too high (literally or figuratively) on price at $3299. But if motor is $1200-1500 then the rest will bring me about that as well I would think.

IMG_4766.JPG

One thing that hurts is in KY we don't have titles. So some out of state buyers might be leary. I started at $3500 and lowered a few times. Actually have it for $3099 on eBay. Hoping to get $3000 after fees.

Just curious, what would you expect to net parting it out?

Seems like a lot of packing and shipping. I think parting it out would be to much of an ordeal for me.

• Like 1

I'm not sure. Years ago, I used to part out bikes a lot, but that was before ebay charged 10% and paypal another 3%. I can ship no problems as I have all the supplies I need at work. The biggest thing is motor and electronics. If they went for $1500, then I could get about that for the rest of the parts, including all the extra crap I have laying around. Obviously easier to sell whole, and worse case I park it until people get tax refunds or next spring as I don't need to sell, but mainly need the space....and my wife doesn't think I need 2 bikes:) It would probably be easier to sell if it were bone stock, but I have sold all those parts already. Bike around the Cincinnati area don't seem to have the resale I hear about other places. There are some 2015 YZ's in the $3500 range as well, 08's for like $2500, etc.

Shit, that bike could get almost $4k if not more up here in the North East.

I would hold strong at $3k for as long as you can. Definitely worth more than that imo.

• Like 1

Good looking bike I would keep it you may need for back up :p sry been getting alot of ktm engines latley. No seriously that would go for 3+ here in north east I like the white :thumbsup: make some kid a nice bike definitely don't part it out. But it's yourchoice ofcourse 

Then one of you should buy it, ride it, then sell it for profit! But there is some kid coming from a couple hours away today supposedly, so I assume if coming from that distance they won't just be tire kickers.

Of course after trying to sell for a month, I post this thread Friday night and have it sold Monday. Should have posted a couple weeks ago pondering this! I got $3000 which is a few hundred less than originally planned, but sold about $1000 worth of extras I had laying around or took off the bike. So basically got my 2017 for no out of pocket money😀

On 8/28/2017 at 1:41 PM, johnk408 said:

Of course after trying to sell for a month, I post this thread Friday night and have it sold Monday. Should have posted a couple weeks ago pondering this! I got $3000 which is a few hundred less than originally planned, but sold about $1000 worth of extras I had laying around or took off the bike. So basically got my 2017 for no out of pocket money😀

How did you manage a 2017 TC125 for 4k....?

A guy had 2 listed on ebay. They bought for his son to practice and try and qualify for Loretta's. They didn't make it, and sold both bikes as they primarily race 4 strokes. They didn't reach reserve on ebay, so I contacted him and he made me a deal to sell for $4200. Came with the original invoice/receipts from a few months ago where they paid almost $7000 and then $600 in factory connection work, fmf pipe/silencer, bike had about 30 hours on meter. I wasn't even looking for a bike, but felt I couldn't pass it up. I thought he would say he wanted $5000-$5500.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johnk408 said:

A guy had 2 listed on ebay. They bought for his son to practice and try and qualify for Loretta's. They didn't make it, and sold both bikes as they primarily race 4 strokes. They didn't reach reserve on ebay, so I contacted him and he made me a deal to sell for $4200. Came with the original invoice/receipts from a few months ago where they paid almost $7000 and then $600 in factory connection work, fmf pipe/silencer, bike had about 30 hours on meter. I wasn't even looking for a bike, but felt I couldn't pass it up. I thought he would say he wanted $5000-$5500.

That's awesome! Can't blame you for going for it.

Deleted.   For some reason I assumed your bike was a 250.   

Edited by quickshoe