Crf150rb running badly

Hi all, I have a 2007 Honda crf150rb that isn't running the greatest. When ever you nail the throttle it kind of hesitates not bogs but hesitates for a second until going to full throttle. It kind of mimics a 2 stroke powerband. If you nail the throttle in a higher gear (4th or 5th) it won't bog it will rev up and sputter for a few seconds until going to full throttle. It also pops on decel. Valves were also just shimmed and are all in stock. Jets are 135 main, 48 pilot , and the rest are stock. Clip is at 3rd position on the needle where it's supposed to be from the factory. Fuel screw is at 2 turns out. Has fmf powerbomb header and q4 muffler with spark arrestor removed. Any help would be greatly appreciated

AP timing is a possibility, if it has been messed with. Could be too early or too late. I had a 4-stroke with a bog...tried o-ring mod and jetting Pilot and needle...still bogged...tried to adjust AP timing by the seat of my pants...no improvement.

looked at carb with my video camera while I whacked the throttle open...could see the AP fuel stream start too early and hit the carb slide on its way up! I adjusted the AP timing so that the AP fuel stream just missed the slide on the way up...holy cow!!! the throttle response is amazing...

Bike is a 2006 WR250F.

1 hour ago, luke8500 said:

I've done the o ring mod and it helped a little bit. What else should I do to the ap?

I'd start with simply pulling the air boot off, aim a flashlight in the carb then have a friend quickly turn the throttle and confirm the AP has a strong shot.

If this problem is a recent occurrence, then for sure, it needs to be serviced. If it has always been this way then as Sofiedog says, the AP timing needs to be checked and possibly a smaller leak jet considered.