Master cylinder stock?

The spring is used to hold the lever away from the master cylinder piston while the brake is released.
What brand is the replacement lever?

MZS. I installed levers with old parts just wondering if I had something odd when new one didn't have that hole. IMG_1555.jpg

Spring applies minute amount of pressure to keep brake from being slightly actuated all the time. Fwiw i had some Pazoma levers that had the spring hole and they were nice but just like yours they were missing the ability to adjust when the brake is being actually actuated. The stock cheap levers have an adjustment screw for this that is a nice feature imo, so much so that I went back to stock.

I have a couple of those levers with no spring hole , yep cheap Chinese knockoffs , but times it by 6 bikes I changed to these shorty adjustable levers it's one of the few times I went this route , $600-700 bucks cheaper and I use it elsware . I haven't drilled the spring holes as I figured I'd do at some point (even have an extra set so I can do one then swap and move on the the next ). The spring is there for a reason and really should be there , but several of my other bikes didn't from the factory so there is that . The first ones are now about 3 years old and not an issue to date , but I have good bar guards to protect them from getting hit which I wouldn't doubt they'll break before bending at all .

Edited by jjktmrider

Knock off, yes.... but i will say ive had good results with the MZS levers themselves. There are alot of other sellers that all look the same, but the ones branded MZS actually seem like they did the trick for me.  Keep in mind... i roll with my kick starter decomp lever as a backup in case they snap off so i have a way home when shit gets real. 

I was actually surprised when i got them, so figured id order the whole MC also to see what it looks like.... DONT do it. Waste of the extra $20 as the clutch perch and MC are both total and utter garbage. 

Goood luck on your spring issue... i seem to recall mine having a spot for the spring when i was testing them last year.

(Edit: Noticed yours have holes drilled in them, mine did not and were solid "6061" with the MZS logo laser etched into both lever faces.... you mileage may very)

Edited by RC_ichard
Followup note...

Knock off, yes.... but i will say ive had good results with the MZS levers themselves. There are alot of other sellers that all look the same, but the ones branded MZS actually seem like they did the trick for me.  Keep in mind... i roll with my kick starter decomp lever as a backup in case they snap off so i have a way home when shit gets real. 
I was actually surprised when i got them, so figured id order the whole MC also to see what it looks like.... DONT do it. Waste of the extra $20 as the clutch perch and MC are both total and utter garbage. 
Goood luck on your spring issue... i seem to recall mine having a spot for the spring when i was testing them last year.
(Edit: Noticed yours have holes drilled in them, mine did not and were solid "6061" with the MZS logo laser etched into both lever faces.... you mileage may very)

I ended up using just the levers on my old setup including the spring. Actually that pic is lil different than mine. Mine are Same as you described.
  • Like 1