Yaaaaaa yz250x

Very Nice. 

Looked at the YZ250 HC? The one with 3k worth of GYTR add ons. Would pay 11,000 for a YZ OTD. The joy of adding it on yourself is worth more. 

• Like 1

Most of the fun is picking exactly what you want... The rekluse cx is a work of art.... It was pretty impressive... Need to figure out a clear clutch cover

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, indy rider said:

I'd like to know how much weight all that stuff adds to the bike when its all said and done..

Negligible, for the peace of mind it brings you.

All I know is every piece I add is protecting something I have broke without it... Worth having not ruining a ride
... I would say 15 pounds with what you save on the tubliss... And not counting the additional gas of the tank...

• Like 2

Adding 15 lbs to the bike for protection and upgrades in nill compaired. Using the bike for motocross is not the intention here I believe. 

Doing all the right stuff for an adventure type bike in the state of Utah (AKA "Rock Trails Utah" at least thats what I call most of the trails and riding) anything can happen. Protection and comfort to make it back to camp is a must!

Don't forget to post up photos of completion. 

• Like 1

You better believe it...I have watched more holes in engines and pipes than I care to relive... It only takes on mistake and it is a long walk to phone service let alone you vehicle🤣

• Like 1

Nice!!!!!!!!    Let's see a pic when she is put together!!!!      

I have a ton of weight with aftermarket goodies and protection on my 250x as well.. Sure it adds weight but it's still light compared to most everything on the market...  Most importantly it's protected and in the long run saves me repair money and long walks in the middle of nowhere to the truck....

I see something missing though...lol 

20170524_213241.jpg

20170524_213422.jpg

Edited by Nevada Al
  • Like 3

Did you go with left hand braking? I am planning on going this route with a Rekluse so would love to hear why you chose this model over another and how it works for you. I have experienced Rekluse on KTM's and they were fantastic. 

I am a left hand brake person also... On my yz150 I went all out with a clake 2 in which you have to convert it to hydraulic... The downfall is you have to shim to get proper Freeplay but feel.... But it will lock up the rear on call and works great...this time I am using a brembo brake cylinder at the hand with a dominator clutch perch... See attached... I am a fan of the feel of the cable clutch .. but I don't use a foot pedal on either... That's me and what I am comfortable with.. you need a larger brake cylinder for this to work the rekluse is too weak for me.2c9fd87df386d74137eaa7276fe01d7b.jpg

Nice!!!!!!!!    Let's see a pic when she is put together!!!!      
I have a ton of weight with aftermarket goodies and protection on my 250x as well.. Sure it adds weight but it's still light compared to most everything on the market...  Most importantly it's protected and in the long run saves me repair money and long walks in the middle of nowhere to the truck....
I see something missing though...lol 

20170524_213241.jpg.3e71d9326ea2d893e63bf45519709770.jpg
20170524_213422.jpg.c37825c916d5c8f77eb750f70c2160db.jpg
I have the front disc covered ... I like the toparstuff because they color it the same way the military colors their guns... So way more durable than the norm... I should do the fork tube... I have busted in if this also..

Nice work!

Tell us about the type of Rekluse clutch you got?

Have you got the fork lugs protected?  As Nevada Al suggested. The lugs on the 2006-17 SSS forks are very lightly built, for MX. Easy to damage them and potentially very expensive to replace.

I don't worry too much about the front rotor. Got no protection on mine at present. The floating rotor helps a lot for offroad.

And do you have a linkage guard?    Really useful.  I made myself a bashplate + linkage guard in one, using a $15 1/4" thick plastic kitchen big cutting board. Inspired by these excellent things  http://www.sxslideplate.com/sxs-full-plate/     No need to get so fussy with the cutout shape. Surprisingly easy to make and works well. Tough, light, quiet and keeps the linkage bearings clean of mud too.   I did take the mount brackets off my old alum plate.

Good point on the linkage bearing and the front fork... I went with the new cx rekluse... It will be ran as a snowbike in the winter so I want the extra clamping force.

This is my hand brake setup. Ample braking power. The only problem might be the master reservoir isn't big enough to hold enough fluid for pad thickness wear from 100% down to zero. But it does cope with 3/4 wear and is very easy to prime from the caliper up.
IMG_20170903_142111515.jpg
IMG_20170903_142122039.jpg

• Like 1