High End Pitbike Questions

So a couple weeks ago I attend the Unadillia National for the first time.  I also raced as an amateur in the +50 class.  While I was there I watched the pitbike race.  Looks like loads of fun.  I must partake in the excitement.

So I start looking 'round the forums for advice. and pretty much settled (as of now) on a Piranha 190 4V.   I am still considering a BBR but none to be had close to me.  Considered a TT, KLX etc, but to build one of those with 24 hp & suspension is just ridiculous. Plus I bet the motor would be a ticking time bomb...

I am surprised the usual players in the MX community, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki etc., do not make a pitbike for the adult crowd.  One possible example would be the CRF150R.

Do anyone know what the rules are for these type of races?  Are the classes by wheel size? CC's?  There is no pitbike racing close by, so this is all new to me.

I do have some basic questions about this machine.

Who sells the highest quality plastic for the 190?  I am really looking for  florescent colors.  I want something different.  Heck I am considering pink of all colors.  I AM confident in my manhood!

I find no specs on the 17, only the 16.  Let alone the 18's.  Even the big hitters (Tbolt & Wholesale Cycle, comes to mind) do not have the up to date specs on their machines on their web site.  I find that atrocious.  Or have they not changed in the last few years?

I hope I can get used to the 4 up tranny.  That is my biggest concern. 

I just hope I am making the right decision.  What say you the "experts"!

Stan

WV

• Like 1

A $3000 chinese pit bike? Thats...... ambitious. Check out Masters of Mini (MoM) a local series to me, not near you but it lists all the types of classes that are available to race based on wheel size, level of modification*, displacement, age (of course) and my personal favorite, rider weight!

* IMHO if you enter that thing in a "stock" class you're lame, as it has every thing that a person with a "normal" pit bike would add to it and be stuck in in one of the "modes" classes. 

On 8/26/2017 at 8:41 PM, Whymee said:

So a couple weeks ago I attend the Unadillia National for the first time.  I also raced as an amateur in the +50 class.  While I was there I watched the pitbike race.  Looks like loads of fun.  I must partake in the excitement.

So I start looking 'round the forums for advice. and pretty much settled (as of now) on a Piranha 190 4V.   I am still considering a BBR but none to be had close to me.  Considered a TT, KLX etc, but to build one of those with 24 hp & suspension is just ridiculous. Plus I bet the motor would be a ticking time bomb...

I am surprised the usual players in the MX community, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki etc., do not make a pitbike for the adult crowd.  One possible example would be the CRF150R.

Do anyone know what the rules are for these type of races?  Are the classes by wheel size? CC's?  There is no pitbike racing close by, so this is all new to me.

Who sells the highest quality plastic for the 190?  I am really looking for  florescent colors.  I want something different.  Heck I am considering pink of all colors.  I AM confident in my manhood!

I find no specs on the 17, only the 16.  Let alone the 18's.  Even the big hitters (Tbolt & Wholesale Cycle, comes to mind) do not have the up to date specs on their machines on their web site.  I find that atrocious.  Or have they not changed in the last few years?

Stan

WV

the new Piranha 190 is just that , BRAND NEW , we have the bikes but getting everything sorted is taking time 
Its the same Dayton 190 engine , Fast ace forks ect 
Just new frames and unique body work 

email me directly 

I’m an ex 125 racer, but at 50– I’m having a ball on my 150F, and I plan to run my ‘86 KX125 in the vintage races. Get a 150F or KLX140. You can’t run a 150R in any pit bike race. The races will sometimes have a trail bike and/or Vet class you should be able to run the bigger mini in.  —L*64

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:41 PM, Whymee said:

Stan

WV

Google up YCF from France.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 1:12 PM, Pitviking said:

Google up YCF from France.

Yes the New Piranha 190 is a YCF bike