Jump to content

NBC gold replay skipping

Recommended Posts

Im watching the races now and 250 moto one is skipping all over.  a section with loop twice and then it will skip 15 to 30 seconds to catch up.  The timer on my phone isnt skipping, so i dont think it is on my end, but not sure.  Anyone else having trouble?  I had trouble last week, but I thought it was related to the satelite problem they had.  Two weeks in a row has me wondering though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they had problems in the qualifiers and the first moto....after that it was fine except for a few low res frames..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had no issues using it, and I actually think they did their best work on that app this race. I actually got to see podium interviews for once, normally it is just a random camera and you can kinda hear the mics at the podium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tmeyer37 said:

I had no issues using it, and I actually think they did their best work on that app this race. I actually got to see podium interviews for once, normally it is just a random camera and you can kinda hear the mics at the podium. 

Those are the interviews that go over the track PA system, during commercial break.  After two minutes or so the TV interviews are always on

 

Other races are fine, Ill replay the first moto and see if its fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rebelbanshee said:

Those are the interviews that go over the track PA system, during commercial break.  After two minutes or so the TV interviews are always on

 

Other races are fine, Ill replay the first moto and see if its fixed.

I know that is the PA system, just couldnt think of the word earlier. I would wait and wait but then it would go to that stupid yellow screen saying that coverage has concluded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thoroughly disappointed in the stream quality all season. Low bit rate, glitchy stutters requiring page refresh, shitty scrub bar functionality, cutting stream before post race commentary, no video replacement of corrupt live stream for replay archive. I'll definitely not be buying the package next season. I can bootleg streams for free for this kind of quality control.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, schrode said:

I'm thoroughly disappointed in the stream quality all season. Low bit rate, glitchy stutters requiring page refresh, shitty scrub bar functionality, cutting stream before post race commentary, no video replacement of corrupt live stream for replay archive. I'll definitely not be buying the package next season. I can bootleg streams for free for this kind of quality control.

It must be your internet connection. Mine streams fine. No complaints 

The only issue I had all season was Unadilla and once it came back they said they were having technical difficulties so I'm assuming the TV broadcast was also screwed up. I'll be paying for it again next season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, meyermetal said:

It must be your internet connection. Mine streams fine. No complaints 

The only issue I had all season was Unadilla and once it came back they said they were having technical difficulties so I'm assuming the TV broadcast was also screwed up. I'll be paying for it again next season 

It's not my connection. I was monitoring it whenever I started to have issues. I had sustained download speeds of 60 Mbps dedicated to the stream which is several times what is required for a 1080 stream. The fact that they don't clean up the archived stream for replay is poor form. Quantization issues abound in the live stream that are fixable if they processed those streams for archival footage, which is industry standard, but they don't. I just feel that if you're paying $50 for a season of races they should have their game together a bit more than they do. 

Concerning Unadilla, the broadcasts were screwed up. The bad weather made for crappy satellite sync which is a known issue which is why you do local captures as well so you have quality streams of the content. The fact that they don't update the archive with the non-transmitted version is just lazy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×