Fredette Racing KDX200 Kickstart

My new 02 kdx200 has a sloppy, chopped, skewed, and bastardized kick lever. Boss appears to be worn, level didn't look stock and contacts the pipe.... time for a replacement before it failed me in the gnarly stuff.

Anyone have feedback on fredettes lever? Anyone got pics of if installed on a 1996-2006 model they could share?

Thanks -Dick

5 minutes ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Thanks.... that would be the lever I'm talking about.

Wasn't really asking where to get it though. Im asking for any feedback (benefits over stock, durability and quality, known issues, etc) before pulling the trigger.

Also wondered how it looked INSTALLED so I could see how high it rests, stock photo on FRPs site lacks any reference to it's actual size

Edited by RC_ichard
Typo

I could for the photos.... But have a feeling their product review may be a bit bais ('yes sir, that product is known to have a high failure rate' is never going to come out of a sellers mouth even if it's true)

My worry is I've seen a few posts about them snapping, not sure if that was more a fluke on those reports or if they are indeed more prone to failure.

Appreciate the feedback none the less 👍

Edited by RC_ichard

Anything I have ever had done by fredette has always been top notch. I wouldnt even think twice about buying his kickstarter. We own several KDX, and many times we have considered just swapping them all to his KS.

Thanks SS & Smelonas!!

My boss was badly worn, but at almost $60 for the boss/knuckle alone it was a better deal to just grab the entire stock arm. 

I'll be placing an order with Fredette this week, so figured I'll grab his lever too and keep the new OEM lever as a backup incase I run into issues. 

Thx for the feedback guys... will be sure to post a follow up if I find any good firsthand details once I have both new units and can test them out.

• Like 1