08 KTM 450 EXC metal in screens

I bought a 08 KTM 450 EXC with 187 hrs on the clock. Previous owner told me that it would need a top end rebuild as it was a bit noisy. Run it up and listed to the bike and there was a minor drive train noise but a small/faint noise when increasing the revs just above idle. Bike runs smooth. Factoring in the cost of parts for the top end and a couple of other things it was still a very good purchase for what it is. Dropped the oil and found a lot of what looks like alloy filings in the gear box drain plug screen. With the separate engine and gear box oil compartments I am assuming a correct me if I am wrong if I have an issue with the big end the debris from this would have been in the engine oil screen and not the gear box screens or am I over thinking it. Will be pulling the engine down regardless to do a rebuild. 

Thanks for the feed back. there was a considerable amount. Similar to attached photo. Going to pull the clutch apart and inspect it when.

Gear box screen.JPG

I've never seen that in any of my previous and current ktm. I would worry until the cause is found and solved! 

I have pulled the engine apart to do the big end, it had a heap of movement when I pulled the barrel off. When I pulled it down i have found the source of the metal. The Primary wheel/free wheel gear that holds the one way bearing for the starter has been rubbing on the outer housing. The crank bearings had no movement and everything was tight when it was dismantled. The only thing that looks a bit out of place is the wood ruff key locator pressed into the centre of the gear. The insert is recessed into the gear. The old number 78032033100 updates to a 78032033200 which to me would indicate that there has been an issue with the original. Am I on the right track or is there something I am missing. My local dealer does not have 1 in stock that I can have a look at and the only photo that I can find looks as if the insert is close to flush. calipers show the depth of the recess 

Gear KTM450.jpg

20171021_110649.jpg