1995 KTM 300 MXC piston search

I cant find a piston for a 1995 KTM 300 MXC i want to buy. Im about to say screw it. I cant buy this thing. Its MINT!! Thoughts?  What would you do?  Its a great bike for $1900

Edited by mrpike18

Too much for a 95 in my opinion, pistons appear to be available on eBay. Wiseco probably has them. Worst case, the engine is basically the same throughout the 90s. 

• Like 1

Thanks man. Wiseco does not have it. E- bay is a box of chocolates lol.  Never know what your gonna get there. I really like this thing but im just not gonna buy a bike i cant rebuild. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Thank you . I've talked to a guy that says you can get the pistons coated also. Coating is good for over 50 hours of run time. Line- line does coatings for all kinds of racing Pistons.  Thanks again. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2017 at 10:49 AM, mrpike18 said:

Thank you . I've talked to a guy that says you can get the pistons coated also. Coating is good for over 50 hours of run time. Line- line does coatings for all kinds of racing Pistons.  Thanks again. 

A friction reducing coating does not help if you don't have a piston to begin with. A graphite or teflon coating does not help a worn out piston. 

The Wossner site doesn't list them but if you know the diameter, pin diameter, pin height and dome type they probably make it and can cross reference one for you.

Yes very true. The piston in my bike now has been coated early on in its life but I certainly want to get a couple new ones. I found a company here in Michigan that will make it but a minimum of 4 must be made with a $900 tag for the 4. Ouch!!  I guess I could sell a couple.  I would be concerned as to how much of a market there is for them. 

On 9/1/2017 at 6:58 AM, mrpike18 said:

Yes very true. The piston in my bike now has been coated early on in its life but I certainly want to get a couple new ones. I found a company here in Michigan that will make it but a minimum of 4 must be made with a $900 tag for the 4. Ouch!!  I guess I could sell a couple.  I would be concerned as to how much of a market there is for them. 

My mistake. the company is Wossiner and they are based out of California .

16 hours ago, mrpike18 said:

My mistake. the company is Wossiner and they are based out of California .

Wossner is actually a German company. They have been a KTM supplier at times. They may have a branch office in CA, I don't know. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Wahoo! Stock up all you 95 guys! 

Wossner is a good forged piston, much less expansion and heat seizing than Wiseco in my experience.

A new Wossner and easy riding should last another 22 years...

• Like 1