What should I get?

I've got a 2017 ktm250sxf and it's pretty much stock except for the rear tire and battery. Any suggestions on what mod or after market part I should get whether it's something from plastic to an exhaust any suggestions on what I should invest in first?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using ThumperTalk mobile app

Skid Plate and seat cover I have the same bike and the best upgrade I did was upgrading the battery box to fit a bigger better battery. This is my 17

20170614_181933.jpg.e39a6ea497e68e77705c435f7e26f106.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using ThumperTalk mobile app

Very nice bike, when I got the battery I didn't get a bigger one I just got one that's the same size. Do you have any preferences I'm which skid plate to buy? Like are certain ones better and easier to clean and don't trap mud in them

A lot actually loose power on the sxf

you can't argue with stupid or Yamaha owners

• Like 1

Most pipes are worse than STD

The absolute best thing I did to my '17 250 SX-f was to change the gearing back to the 2016 gearing.  13t up front and 50t in the rear.  I thought the stock 14t/51t was too tall.  It is a cheap mod but provides plenty of bang for the buck. 

The absolute best thing I did to my '17 250 SX-f was to change the gearing back to the 2016 gearing.  13t up front and 50t in the rear.  I thought the stock 14t/51t was too tall.  It is a cheap mod but provides plenty of bang for the buck. 

I've been looking into sprockets bc the teeth are a little bad on my stock one. I have crf150rb and the rear sprocket is 52t

Yes the stock exhaust is probably the best one you can run. As for skid plates I was the cycra full armor skidplate it's very easy to take of an on before cleaning. Takes me 1mim to take it off and another to put back. It's also very thick and provides great protection.

Sent from my SM-G930T using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

It does , most aftermarket pipes are worse than STD , happy ?

2 minutes ago, Hudson Charlton said:

Ok I get your theory on that.

But your second line is not a complete sentence.
Does anyone agree with me?

It's not a theory regarding a FMF vs Stock. Dynos have shown the FMF loses HP on the 250sxf.

As for the second part of Mogs post, it's a tag line he's added on. It doesn't mean anything... 

• Like 1

It's not a theory regarding a FMF vs Stock. Dynos have shown the FMF loses HP on the 250sxf.
As for the second part of Mogs post, it's a tag line he's added on. It doesn't mean anything... 

Thanks for clearing this up!

Keep it stock and keep the money. The bike is incredibly fast as is, and the only real things you could do to be faster are:
-Run higher octane gas (No joke look into jet fuel)
-Sprocket gearing ratio
-Practice, practice, and more practice.

• Like 1