Carb issue

Hello,

My 2005 Drz400 has 3300 miles on it. When it runs, it runs great. It sits a lot because I don't ride it often. This spring it was running great. Took it out this weekend and it would only run on half choke to idle, but would run down the road with choke off, but would stall with no throttle at idle. 

Took carb out to clean it. I've done it at least 3 times and had it running good again. This time in float bowl was green gunk and a mess. Cleaned it all up, sprayed out jets, even had them soak for a few hours. Put back together and ran worse. Pulled it out again, full cleaning, put it back in and now within 5 seconds bike is smoking like crazy out the exhaust. I just don't get it. Any ideas? So frustrated with the thing I think tomorrow I'm dropping it off at the dealer to get it running right. 

Thanks in advance 

After thinking some, it seemed like it was burning real rich.  The one flat head screw inside the float area, (fuel mix screw) I turned in all the way down, and backed off 3.5 turns.  I believe thats right where it is supposed to be.  When I soaked my jets, I filled up the float bowl with Carb and Choke cleaner and dropped them in there.  Searching about smoking after carb cleaning some were saying it could just be the carb cleaning solution burning off.  I guess I never let it run long enough to burn off.  I was too nervous when I saw the smoke.  

What could be my issue of not idling without choke even after I cleaned out carb?  Thanks

The smoked showed down, still doesn't want to idle, but runs worse than when I first pulled carb. Now it backfires a lot. 

Would that still be pilot jet issue?

thanks for the help 

What is my best way to tackle this? I bought a carb rebuild kit. My petcok is not leaking. I'm going to assume gas in is the oil so I will change out the oil. But I want to make sure carb is fixed before that. 

Previous owner had a jet kit installed I believe. The rebuild kit came with all the jets, fuel float pin, gasket, strainer, fuel mix screw etc. change out all except main jet? (Assuming that's the one from the jet kit?)

When I went to pull carb out just now I definitely had fuel in upper part of carb and seeping into airbox. Will gas really seap through rings? Only 3300 miles. 

Thanks