13/45 gearing

When I got mine, I changed it 13/42 and thought it was a much better change. I started to find it was still geared too tall for alot of stuff. Changed to a 45t rear(iron man sprocket, out lasts almost all sprockets out there) and reused sprocket bolt reduction bushings. I rode it today and much better trails, it still will go 70mph. Now I have a 42t iron man sprocket that was used for a little over a year and has no wear on it.

• Like 1

I went from stock to 13/40 to 13/45. I really like 13/45 for slow stuff.

If I wanted to do some extended highway I could just pop the 14 back on front and it would be close to the 13/42 ratio. Haven't tried it yet. 

• Like 2

Before the engine swap I had 14/48 which is the same as 13/45 and for trail riding I found it was perfect for the 250L gearbox. If you keep your revs up and use clutch control you'll find 2nd gear is perfect for the tight stuff with that gearing.

• Like 1

I ran 2200 miles in 9 days last July with 13/45 gearing. Was perfect! 90% of the ride was offroad, but we did a few 50-60 mile transfer routes on pavement.

Had no problem running 55+ on the highway. Yes, it was running close to 9k Rpm at times tho!

• Like 1