Dirt bike tire tube options??

So, I'm sick and tired of heading out to ride and blowing my tube in 20 minutes, and then I have to cringe for the next hour every time I hit a rock,

I was wondering if any one has ever used (mousse) tube?? I've been looking and there aren't to many options,   for like $120 bucks i can get a mousse tube and never have to stress about a flat again

Or I could spend $40 plus on a heavy duty tube, but most likely I will still blow it at some point.

What do you guys think??   Has anyone ever ran mousse??

I've had great success with these!
No blow outs so far this season, got about a dozen rides on them so far. (crosses fingers!)
Pain in the arse to get installed because they're so thick.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/864/5392/Kenda-Tuff-Motorcycle-Tube

If you're having repeated blowouts, there may be something more going on that's causing them.
What air pressure are you running?
Check your rims for any burrs? Spoke ends sticking up, etc?

• Like 1

Can't speak for the mousse, but you shouldn't be blowing tires practically ever. I've only had one pinch flat in the past 5 years from landing flat on a rock.

Is your rim clean and free of anything pointy?

What psi are you running?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaybeMe said:

Can't speak for the mousse, but you shouldn't be blowing tires practically ever. I've only had one pinch flat in the past 5 years from landing flat on a rock.

Is your rim clean and free of anything pointy?

What psi are you running?

I've been running about 12psi. And I forgot to mention its the rear tire that I've had issues with. I'm not shure what's causing all the flats, the rim is pretty clean and I have fresh tape rapped thick so nothing is sticking thrue. I've just been patching the hell out of the tube and it continues to blow. I think its mainly when I hit a sharp rock out on the desert roads, and when I inspect the tube its  usualy like a courter inch tear in the rubber.

I don't know may by its just a crappy tube.  Do you run like an extra heavy duty tube, or just a regular???

1 hour ago, Greenwrench said:

Ya mousse bib is great although I would only run those in the rear personally I like a adjustable pressure up front .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using ThumperTalk mobile app

Yeah, I've never blown my front tube just the rear.

I can't believe you've had that many flats. I honestly can't remember the last flat I had. Running 6 ply desert tires and hd tubes at 11 psi. Much of what I ride is horribly rocky.

Something is up if you are getting flats like that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

I can't believe you've had that many flats. I honestly can't remember the last flat I had. Running 6 ply desert tires and hd tubes at 11 psi. Much of what I ride is horribly rocky.

Something is up if you are getting flats like that.

Agreed! What tires/type of tubes are you running? I personally run Tubliss in my tires but most of my buddies run HD tubes, we ride in major rocky areas and rarely get flats.

• Like 1

I run IRC heavy duty tubes. I ride nasty rocky stuff all the time. I have had one pinch flat from landing the front hard on a sharp rock face at very high speeds. Trashed the rim as well. That is it. I usually run from 11 to 14 psi. Below 10psi my rims take a beating. 

As others have said you should not be getting flats so often. 

• Like 1