Can i use an 07 Head on an 04 Engine

Basically, we all know 2004 is the year of the terrible valve issues on the Honda 250r, so can I buy a 2007 Head and put it on the 2004 cylinder??
Also what material are the intake valves on 2004 CRF250R

Yes the 07 is a good upgrade, and the OEM intake valves are titanium for both the 04 and the 07.

Pretty sure the major difference that helped increase durability from the earlier CRF's (04-06)

in the 2007+ ones is the the valve seat metallurgy.  As TDW mentioned, the intake valves being Titanium in all model years.

Thanks for the reply guys, so if i purchase an 07 Head it will just bolt up to my 2004 Cylinder?

What sort of performance loss will i notice with ss valves

If you check the Honda parts fiche I think you will find that the 04 head's part # has been superseded by a new # which is the part# for the 07 head. Nice eh? So if you get a new, from Honda, head you'll get the 07 head with the better ports and valve seat material. The intake valves are the same part# 04-09.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:28 PM, Aymen said:

What sort of performance loss will i notice with ss valves

It's like running a steel sprocket vs an aluminum one...most people can't tell any difference....same with the sst valves :).

Thanks for the reply everyone, i decided to go with stock titanium valves and springs and get the seats changed to beryllium, only cost me 180 so well see how long they last