Musquin last lap choker

7 hours ago, mog said:

It has been a few but he's won more than he's choked

you can't argue with stupid or Yamaha owners

He's had numerous times where he was leading early in the race or mid race and he's dumped it as well. Almost like he gets too excited sometimes...

Edited by Cigaro

31 minutes ago, meyermetal said:

He was the rabbit and the fox was coming fast

Hard to concentrate when in that situation 

I think he was one of the very few who crashed in that section. I mean he literally saved it and never let off the gas which got him in trouble. He had a 10 second lead at that point...

Edited by Cigaro

6 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

I think he was one of the very few who crashed in that section. I mean he literally saved it and never let off the gas which got him in trouble. He had a 10 second lead at that point...

He was also hitting that section faster than anyone else except Herlings who was just on another level.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mog said:

Most pros stay on the throttle to save crashes ,this time it failed, I think he has been pushing much harder this season

you can't argue with stupid or Yamaha owners

Ya he gave it plenty more throttle lol...

I can't say as I've ever seen Martin crash on the last lap while leading without Stewart in his way.

I don't think good he did yesterday I had anything to do with choking, he was pushing it further than he's ever pushed it before and a bit him he knew Herlings was coming in a hurry, and he pushed it, you got to respect that.

• Like 4

I was actually more impressed with Musquin than I had been in the past.  I remember reading that Herlings went 1-1, and then saw Musquin with a 9 second lead with two laps to go, and was wondering, how the heck did he not win?  Then, saw the crash and got it.

He looked fast, had a big lead, and was pushing it.  Great riding for him, but me made a mistake.  Oh well.  I couldn't believe he didn't go down harder, almost saved it.

Herlings was fast though, fast and in control, and won.  Nice riding from the Dutchman.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GBowman said:

I can't say as I've ever seen Martin crash on the last lap while leading without Stewart in his way.

I don't think good he did yesterday I had anything to do with choking, he was pushing it further than he's ever pushed it before and a bit him he knew Herlings was coming in a hurry, and he pushed it, you got to respect that.

He's actually had quite a few. I remember the one time he cased bad on a double in SX while leading. Can't remember what round it was. Knocked himself out of the race...

EDIT-Well technically he didn't crash that time but he jacked his wrist up bad on it

Edited by Cigaro

Herlings was all excited about the track being wide and deep. I wish some way we could see him here full time mx only. I would hate for him to get hurt in sx. We need more mxgp guys here or mxgp needs to absorb nationals in some way. Maybe middle of mxgp season they run our 12 rounds then move on to other final races? That would be ideal for riders imo. I bet the mxgp guys would like that quite a bit actually.

Sent from my VS880 using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GBowman said:

Funny the way some peoples memory work, Stewart all the way on the left side holding his line, Musquin on the right side screws up, comes all the way over to the left side of the woops, almost hits Stewart, then back right almost hitting Dungey.  When you are screwing the pooch a whole track wide, may as well say the flaggers got in his way as Stewart.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wielywilly-g said:

Funny the way some peoples memory work, Stewart all the way on the left side holding his line, Musquin on the right side screws up, comes all the way over to the left side of the woops, almost hits Stewart, then back right almost hitting Dungey.  When you are screwing the pooch a whole track wide, may as well say the flaggers got in his way as Stewart.

Yup! Pretty sure Stewart held his line that race...