97-01 YZ250 silencer - need some help

Trying to sort out a silencer fitment issue on my 1998 WR250 (no that's not a typo... they do exist) and I could use a little help.  I tried calling FMF but they weren't much help, I've cross-referenced part numbers for the subframe, pipe and silencer between the  US parts fiche and the Canada parts fiche and the silencer part numbers for a YZ250 and a WR250 are close but not exact.  However, the pipe and subframe being the same I can't see why the mounting points would be different between YZ and WR.  The bike currently has an FMF Gnarly pipe, part #020156 and an FMF Turbine Core 2 silencer, part #020361.  Both of these should work but the silencer mounting seems off.  Could someone snap some photos for me of how their silencer mounts and maybe get a few measurements, such as distance between the mount points and overall length of the silencer, so I can try to get to the bottom of this?  I will try and snap some pics of what I have going on tonight when I get home.

• Like 1

Have you bent the pipe? Or the subframe?

My pipe to silencer fit always seems a bit off. I bolt up the front pipe then slip the silencer onto the spigot. It all ways seems to take a bit of a wiggle to mount the silencer up to the subframe.

6 minutes ago, richg said:

Have you bent the pipe? Or the subframe?

My pipe to silencer fit always seems a bit off. I bolt up the front pipe then slip the silencer onto the spigot. It all ways seems to take a bit of a wiggle to mount the silencer up to the subframe.

Pipe and silencer are near new, subframe doesn't appear to be bent but who knows.  I've had this bike for a few years now and never really did much with it, I'm trying to get it back into riding shape and sort out all the issues now.