Need help with Idaho City

Like the title says, need help finding new trails in Idaho City.  We normally park at 327 and go out to trail 592 and ride that up as far as we can go, but the wife has been having a hard time with that one lately.  I see a lot of people parking at turdys kitchen and riding from there. Where are they riding to? Granite Creek is still closed due to the bridge being out. I would like to get back there and explore, but have no idea how to get there... If any one knows the area really well and can help that would be awesome!!  Thanks guys!!!

Right, I have been looking at that map for a while now... I guess my biggest question is where to park to unload... I am actually heading up there this week to get some us forest maps and to explore in the pickup a little more

Sent from my XT1585 using ThumperTalk mobile app

592 (Hoodoo) is pretty easy trail.  When you come to the nice gravel road are you going straight?  That takes you up Little Hoodoo and that is not maintained, it gets tuff nearing the ridge.  Once you get to that gravel road, go left for 1/2mile or so, then take the first trail to your right.  This will keep you on Hoodoo and may be easier for your wife.

Also look for the Avenza app for you phone.  You can download all the motor vehicle use maps (MVUM) and use your phone as a gps, keeping you on the trails.

• Like 1