YZ 250F

I recently sold my 2010 KX 250f.  I now have the itch for another bike.  Sellers remorse LOL.     I came across a 2011 YX 250F  Limited Edition (I know who cares just different plastics)   Physically the bike looks super clean and mint.  Well taken care of.  The kicker is it has 154 hours on it.

Is this something that would have you running the other way?

thanks

No. Especially if it's never been rebuilt!  I may have a  stock 16 yz250f for sale.  

I can send pics.  3302085016

In all honesty, hours mean nothing...maintenance is EVERYTHING, especially on a 250F.

A bike with 40 hours and was completely neglected is going to be in worse shape than a bike with a 154 on it, but was properly maintained.

Ask the owner about his maintenance schedule...oil/filter changes? Piston replacements? When/if the valves have been replaced?  Has he checkout out the crank? Bearings (linkage/swing arm/steering) been replaced at all? Looks can be deceiving sometimes...it's easy to throw on some new plastics, and give it a cleaning. 

If he hasn't done any work on it (or can't provide proof so said work) then I'd probably look elsewhere.  Unless it's very cheap. Because it will most likely need at new top end, at the very least.

Used 250f's are always a gamble, so ask the guy some questions and if you get a funny feeling about him, or the bike, then walk away.

• Like 3

First sign of trouble is if the valves have been shimmed. Once they are shimmed, it is only a matter of time until you have to work the heads. I have an 07 WR250F with way over 200 hrs and the valves have never moved. Like jmfreeman said, It's all about the maintenance and how it has been used.